VIP (Validation ID Protection)

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

VIP Access for Mac Desktop does not allow the Credential ID to be changed

• 1.  VIP Access for Mac Desktop does not allow the Credential ID to be changed

Posted Nov 23, 2020 04:16 PM
    I have been advised that I need to use 2-stage verification and was advised to download VIP Access. When I download the app, it opens with a pre-loaded Credential ID that I am unable to change. This does not generate security codes that the business I am trying to use the App with can recognise. There is no way for me to manually enter the "secret code" that the business has sent me to identify themselves to the app and hence generate custom security codes. There is nothing in this App that I can change at all. So basically, it doesn't work.

If anyone at Symantec reads these discussions, I would be grateful if they would fix this fault. All attempts to have it resolved by other contacts with Broadcom and Symantec "help staff" has failed - they simply don't want to know because I don't have an Enterprise level support contract. No indeed - I am simply trying to use the software that the Enterprise partner has told me to use.

• 2.  RE: VIP Access for Mac Desktop does not allow the Credential ID to be changed

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 26, 2021 11:15 AM
    Gavin,

The credential ID cannot be changed on the device. If you contact your organization, they can remove the old credential ID from your profile and assign the credential ID on your phone to you.  

Apologies if that was not clear. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Andreas

------------------------------
    ~Andreas
    ------------------------------