Messaging Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  SMG Trial License

Posted May 11, 2020 05:11 PM
    Hello,

Does anybody know how I can acquire a new SMG trial license to temporarily apply to my SMG server?  The reason I ask is because my current paid license will expire in two weeks, and it doesn't look like my new licenses will be ready before then, so the only option I have in order to keep receiving updates and make sure it doesn't stop filtering would be to apply a trial license until my new licenses are made available. 

This happened to me last year as well and Symantec was able to issue me a temporary trial license so everything functioned until I received my new paid licenses.  Now that Broadcom has taken the reigns I'm not sure what to do in my current situation. 

Any information is appreciated.  

Jason

• 2.  RE: SMG Trial License

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 13, 2020 11:45 AM
    Unfortunately, Broadcom does not have trial licenses available. You will have to work with your sales path to get the new files.

------------------------------
    Solutions Engineer
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: SMG Trial License

Posted May 14, 2020 08:27 AM
    Yah. Just call sales and they should get back to you quick. Why? Cuz smg is offered as a trial so they have to give out licenses to try.

• 4.  RE: SMG Trial License

Posted May 14, 2020 11:01 AM
    By chance do you have the sales phone number to use?  I can't find one anywhere online.

Columbia Marketing International

• 5.  RE: SMG Trial License

Posted May 14, 2020 11:06 AM
    make a support ticket​

• 6.  RE: SMG Trial License

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 14, 2020 11:18 AM
    Support will not assist you with this, as they have no way to make it happen anymore. Your case will be closed if you file one.

For future reference, here's the customer care contact information for Symantec products: https://www.broadcom.com/support/software/contact. 

If you use the form for customer care here (https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/web-form?_ga=2.38740707.1706026101.1589215688-1837993992.1587063606) you will get a better answer.

Solutions Engineer
    Broadcom