Messaging Gateway

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Renew License

• 1.  Renew License

Posted Oct 03, 2022 09:37 AM
    Hi,

Any issues going on at broadcom related to Symantec Messaging Gateway? I've been trying to renew my license for two months through Dell enterprise, and they can't seem to get in touch with anyone at broadcom to accomplish this. I've tried to reach out to CDW as well with no response.

I'm getting tons of spam and about to switch, after 15 years. Why is this so difficult?

• 2.  RE: Renew License

Posted Oct 03, 2022 09:39 AM
    Not fell enterprise. U need to go thru Broadcom support.

• 3.  RE: Renew License

Posted Oct 03, 2022 11:39 AM
    Thank you. Initially, when I click my cases in the dashboard it will not let me create anything because the entitlement section is blank now - I assume because it expired. I was able to create a case though the wolken service desk portal. Let's see what happens.

Not sure why sales of this product is difficult.

• 4.  RE: Renew License

Posted Oct 03, 2022 11:50 AM
    ???

• 5.  RE: Renew License

Posted Oct 06, 2022 12:53 PM
    Joe, did you get this solved? My business is a reseller and I can get you renewed if your normal channels are less than responsive. Feel free to send me a message if you need.

• 6.  RE: Renew License

Posted Oct 08, 2022 11:34 AM
    Ben,

Thank you, that would be great. I've gotten no resolution yet. I appreciate it.

• 7.  RE: Renew License

Posted Oct 08, 2022 12:13 PM
    Please make a support call to Broadcom

• 8.  RE: Renew License

Posted Oct 08, 2022 12:25 PM
    I opened a case and they told me to find a reseller and closed the case. Very helpful!

Hello Joe,

This is with regards to case number 33246505.

Please contact Symantec authorized re sellers to renew license.

Please visit below link to check list of Symantec authorized re sellers.

https://www.broadcom.com/how-to-buy/partner-distributor-lookup

Thank you for contacting Broadcom.

• 9.  RE: Renew License

Posted Oct 08, 2022 12:32 PM
    Yuky

• 10.  RE: Renew License

Posted Oct 10, 2022 09:16 AM
    Yes, I was surprised. I figured they would make it easier for themselves to make money, you would think that's the point of being in business.

Thanks for your help and responses, Alexander.

• 11.  RE: Renew License

Posted Oct 10, 2022 09:26 AM
    Well maybe art-p can help

• 12.  RE: Renew License

Posted Oct 10, 2022 04:18 PM
    PM Sent!

• 13.  RE: Renew License

Posted Oct 10, 2022 04:19 PM
    Kick ****. Let us know how it goes.

• 14.  RE: Renew License

Posted Oct 14, 2022 10:50 AM
    Edited by Ben Erickson Oct 14, 2022 10:58 AM
    As an update here for people who will find this in the future, Joe and I are currently gathering information. Here is what is needed to process a renewal (and it should match what Broadcom currently has on file for your licensing):

• Contact Name
    • Company Name
    • Full Address
    • Phone Number
    • Email Address
    • Quantity/User Count
    • Whether Content Encryption Add-on is also needed
    • Site ID (from your previous licensing email OR from Broadcom Portal, "My Entitlements" section, Site Name)
    • Contract Number and beginning and ending date (from your previous licensing email OR from Broadcom Portal, "My Entitlements" section, Site Name, Entitlement Details, Contract Details)
    Note: It may be possible to look up the Site ID and Contract Info if it can't be found, but it will slow down the process.

• 15.  RE: Renew License

Posted Oct 14, 2022 11:02 AM
    When does 10.8 smg come out?????????????????????

• 16.  RE: Renew License

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 24, 2022 01:11 PM
    The product management team will be introducing the new features in the 10.8 release on November 15 at the SMG Office Hours.  You can register for the event here:  https://symantec.broadcom.com/symantec-messaging-gateway-office-hours

• 17.  RE: Renew License

Posted Oct 24, 2022 01:13 PM
    Finally.

• 18.  RE: Renew License

Posted Oct 24, 2022 01:40 PM
    Hurry and release please

• 19.  RE: Renew License

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 28, 2022 11:52 AM
    SMG 10.8.0 shipped yesterday and is now available for download/upgrade.

• 20.  RE: Renew License

Posted Oct 28, 2022 11:53 AM
    OMG its about time

• 21.  RE: Renew License

Posted Oct 24, 2022 01:46 PM
    Back to the original topic, I got OP invoiced and ordered on Friday afternoon. He should have his licenses soon!

• 22.  RE: Renew License

Posted Jan 08, 2024 09:04 AM
    Edited by Jason McClellan Jan 16, 2024 09:01 AM
    Hi Joe,

I've been tracking this thread and really feel for your situation with the Symantec Messaging Gateway license renewal. It's quite a maze with Broadcom and the resellers! Have you tried escalating your case with Broadcom support? Sometimes a bit of persistence goes a long way. Also, Ben Erickson's offer seems like a solid lead. Hang in there, and keep us posted on your progress. We're all rooting for a quick fix for you!

Best of luck!

• 23.  RE: Renew License

Posted Jan 08, 2024 09:24 AM
    Yuk

• 24.  RE: Renew License

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 08, 2024 11:13 AM

From what I understand the issue was resolved back in October of '22.  Refer to posts 14 & 21 from Ben, especially post 14, where he enumerates which info you should have handy when performing a renewal.  

If anyone is still having issues renewing SMG licenses, please call it out so we can properly follow up.

• 25.  RE: Renew License

Posted Jan 08, 2024 12:23 PM

Yes, it was resolved over a year ago, and Joe has renewed twice with me now. I think we may be seeing someone trying out an AI bot on this thread. This was its first post ever, and it misunderstood key elements of the thread that normal humans would recognize. =)