Messaging Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  Validate the KB 178696

Posted May 04, 2020 03:19 PM
    Hello guys, I would like to see here on the forum if some of you can help me with a policy.

Following this KB: https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article/178696/how-to-block-top-level-domain-tlds-in-sy.html

I created a dictionary and a policy, however, the emails that are falling under this policy are only words that are country code, like .ru.

I would like to be able to block some TLDs using the same dictionary.

The KB does not elaborate much on the creation of the policy, it only says to create a condition and Select "Text in the specific part of the message header" and select Envelope Sender in the drop-down to the right. Change "Email address" to "Country code". Select the dictionary you created in step 1. (i.e. Blocked TLD's) Click Add Condition.

I did it that way but it only blocks country codes. I need to block other TLDs from my dictionary.

Here is my dictionary:

Pub
    bid
    cf
    country
    cricket
    gives you
    download
    faith
    gdn
    host
    info
    jetzt
    kim
    link
    loan
    ly
    men
    mom
    ninja
    ooo
    party
    pro
    racing
    review
    rocks
    ru
    ryukyu
    shop
    site
    stream
    VIP
    Web site
    win
    work
    X Y Z
    zip

Thank you for your help!

• 2.  RE: Validate the KB 178696

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 08, 2020 04:06 PM
    KB 178696 contains two methods for blocking top level domains. The second method listed in the KB is specific to "country code" top level domains so for the non-country code domains you will likely need to use Method 1 and add those domains to the Local Bad Sender Domains list:

Method 1
    • TLD to the Local Bad Sender Domains. (Reputation -> Bad Senders -> Local Bad Sender Domains)
    • Use the format *.tld (with the * being a wildcard)