Messaging Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  SMG LDAP Admin Access

Posted Aug 28, 2020 08:25 AM
    Hi everyone. I have SMG integrated with LDAP and DDS is already configured. I have followed the below steps mentioned in the KB. However when I use my AD credentials I get access to the End User Quarantine portal not to SMG as an Administrator.

Can you let me know what can be done?

https://help.symantec.com/cs/SMG_10_6_6/SMG/v87273308_v125807409/About-adding-and-authorizing-administrators-using-LDAP-sources?locale=EN_US

------------------------------
    Symantec Enthusiast

• 2.  RE: SMG LDAP Admin Access

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 28, 2020 10:02 AM
    Most times that there are any changes to administrator logins, a reboot of the SMG is needed.

Kris Gainsforth
    Solutions Engineer
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: SMG LDAP Admin Access

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 28, 2020 11:24 AM
    I have two suggestions to try:

1. Move the mouse cursor over your login name in the top right corner and see if there is a option to change your login mode (End user vs Administrator).

2. Check your email address in the "Find User" search (Administration > Find User) and make sure the group that allows administrative rights is the highest priority list that your user is in.

Strategic Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 4.  RE: SMG LDAP Admin Access

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 28, 2020 11:54 AM
    Steven is definitely on the right track here:  the key is ensuring that your LDAP login is properly associated with an admin group, otherwise SMG will treat the login as an "end user" (which appears to be what is happening in your case.)

• 5.  RE: SMG LDAP Admin Access

Posted Aug 28, 2020 12:13 PM
    Thanks everyone for your replies.

Steven when I move the mouse cursor over the login name in the top right corner there isn't such option to switch the account, the only option is to logout.

Moreover. I have only have the default group. I created a new group then enabled the Administrator authentication policy for it as per the KB and made the LDAP full bind for this said user in the members tab. But still it doesn't work. 

Symantec Enthusiast

• 6.  RE: SMG LDAP Admin Access

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 03, 2020 02:20 PM
    Could you post a screenshot with the results from searching the user in Administration > Find User?

Kris Gainsforth
    Solutions Engineer
    Broadcom