Messaging Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  Problem with login to SMG

Posted Feb 10, 2020 06:44 AM
      |   view attached

Hi

I have a problem with login to SMG.

whenever I try to open SMG web interface it ask me a certificate for authentication.  the old version didt have this and this error made our users confused whenever they try to release or view a spam email.

where can I disable this feature?

• 2.  RE: Problem with login to SMG

Posted Feb 11, 2020 06:10 AM
    You cant. Most likely it is because the web browser. I know when i had chrome, ie, and firefox upgraded the issue started. So what i did was use firefox and added the smg cert to the store of firefox and yay, it worked.

• 3.  RE: Problem with login to SMG

Posted Feb 12, 2020 12:49 AM

Thats not so good, our users are confused. wish symantec think about it.

I already imported certificate for https but this one for authenticating is not fair to be by default.

symantec do something with new update.

thanks

• 4.  RE: Problem with login to SMG

Posted Feb 12, 2020 06:06 AM
    I see

• 5.  RE: Problem with login to SMG

Posted Dec 16, 2020 08:33 AM
    You have to install security patches

• 6.  RE: Problem with login to SMG

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 16, 2020 12:56 PM

If you upgraded to 10.7.3 and this issue started, you are likely seeing the issue in this document. 

Cannot connect to SMG Control Center after update to 10.7.3

------------------------------
    Strategic Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------

• 7.  RE: Problem with login to SMG

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 16, 2020 01:44 PM
    Alper and Steven are correct:  there is a patch to change the behavior, but I would call this an "un-security" patch.  
    Sure it will help you out of the current situation, but you really want to consider whether you want to increase or decrease the security of systems running in your company.
    Just MY opinion, the security of your systems is between you, your auditor, and your customers, but you might want to consider options such as:  implementing "smart cards", creating an internal CA and pushing certificates to your endpoints, etc, etc. to help protect your systems and your customers.