Messaging Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  Symantec IP Reputation Removal

Posted Sep 23, 2020 06:10 PM
    Hi,

My IP address 74.63.237.114 has negative reputation as "The host has been observed sending spam in a format that is similar to snow shoe spamming techniques. The host is unauthorized to send email directly to email servers.".
    However, I've never done spamming or this IP is not listed in any black lists according to the MXToolbox.
    Also, this ip is not a dynamic IP nor the server is not a zombie.
    I could successfully remove once but it was listed again 2 days later.
    What is wrong with this IP? How can I remove from this?

• 2.  RE: Symantec IP Reputation Removal

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 23, 2020 06:21 PM
    Edited by SYMC_KrisG Sep 23, 2020 06:22 PM
    As of this post, this IP is still showing bad in my SMG. You will have to go through the process of IP removal by going to https://ipremoval.sms.symantec.com/ and request removal from there.

Symantec does use other spam lists to provide data for our global lists. If this happens again, use a tool like MXToolbox's Blacklist checker to see if your IP is on any other blacklists. Some of these, including SORBS, can put your IPs on our list.

------------------------------
    Kris Gainsforth
    Solutions Engineer
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Symantec IP Reputation Removal

Posted Sep 24, 2020 04:10 PM
    Yesterday I did the process of IP removal from https://ipremoval.sms.symantec.com/ and currently the reputation is "Not Bad".
    However, I had done the same process four days ago, but it appeared as "Negative Reputation" again two days later.
    I will wait another 2 days for making sure this is completely removed.
    The server which is host this IP blocks all ports which are related with sending, also this IP is not listed in any black lists according to MXToolBox. I believe nobody reports this IP as spam. I can't understand this IP was listed as spamming server like snowshoe. Does Symantec listed such innocent IPs without bug?

• 4.  RE: Symantec IP Reputation Removal

Posted Sep 25, 2020 03:03 PM
    Edited by Taka Inoue Sep 25, 2020 03:04 PM
    Yesterday I did the process of IP removal from https://ipremoval.sms.symantec.com/ and the reputation became "Not Bad".
    However, it appeared as "Negative Reputation" again this morning.
    I did same process 5 days ago and it's repeating....
    The server which hosts this IP address has blocked all ports which are related to sending and receiving email since 2 years ago, also this IP is not listed in any black lists according to MXToolBox.
    I believe that nobody reported this IP as spam because no one knows it. I can't understand this IP was listed as spamming server like snowshoe.
    I need to know how to solve it because we can't go ahead for developing with this IP and server.

• 5.  RE: Symantec IP Reputation Removal

Posted Oct 15, 2020 06:16 PM
    Hello,

On October 26 we have activated a new email server at IP 212.129.3.27. This IP belongs to our organization since 2018 and it has never been an email server, since then we have problems with the servers other companies that have contracted the symantec service. According to the page https://ipremoval.sms.symantec.com/ipr/lookup our reputation is "The host has been observed sending spam in a format that is similar to snow shoe spamming techniques.The host is unauthorized to send email directly to email servers".

We have already requested the cancellation twice but we will appear on the blacklist again. How can we solve it?

thanks,

• 6.  RE: Symantec IP Reputation Removal

Posted Oct 15, 2020 07:52 PM
    According to my experience,
    My IP was listed although all email related ports had been closed.
    First time I posted removal request, the status turned into "not bad" about 30 minutes later, but it turned negative again about 24 hours later.
    I requested removal again. This time it turned "not bad" about 2 hours later, but the status has kept it for 3 weeks.
    When I requested removal, I wrote explanation of impossible to send email by this IP.