Messaging Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  DNS Validation

Posted Jun 10, 2020 11:32 AM
    Hello,

I have some issues to DNS validation feature. Especially, haved a problem the "Reject messages where the domain provided in the MAIL FROM address has neither an 'A', nor an 'AAAA', nor an 'MX' record in DNS" feature. Sender has no A record but has a MX record and resolve correctly and also still mails reject from messaging gateway. This expression here is wrong or DNS record checking not working for MX Record and still need A record.(Check only MX)

Can anyone explain to me?

• 2.  RE: DNS Validation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 10, 2020 06:16 PM
    This document explains how DNS validation works. You can change the feedback returned to sending server to the options recommended in the document to ensure the reason for the block is the one you think it is.

Understanding How DNS Validation Works
    https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=178688

If the explanation doesn't explain the behavior you are seeing post the domain having the issue so we can review their DNS records.

------------------------------
    Strategic Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: DNS Validation

Posted Jun 11, 2020 02:59 AM
    Edited by Murat Unver Jun 12, 2020 06:33 AM
    Ok, i sended the another message to you privately.

• 4.  RE: DNS Validation

Posted Jun 12, 2020 04:40 AM
    This is stander rule for domain that follow industry rule to properly before going online

• 5.  RE: DNS Validation

Posted Jun 12, 2020 04:55 AM
    I don't understand, what did you mean? Actually, you may think like that, example.com domain registered and created only mx and spf records and send me the mail, but this option 4 not recognize the domains mx record and force me to register A record. Either the expression is wrong or both records are required, this is what I want to tell.