Messaging Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  Items Released from SPAM Quarantine

Posted Jan 07, 2020 09:01 AM

Hello everyone, when we release any email from the quarantine it doesn't go to the next hop server which is defined in the "Inbound local mail delievery hosts" attachment attached". Instead it goes to the server which is defined in "Control Center Setting" attachment attached".

Is this only applicable to the items when released from the Quarantine or the scheculed reports and alerts are also sent to the server which is defined in the control center setting but no in the inbound local mail delivery hosts?

Appreciate your comments

• 2.  RE: Items Released from SPAM Quarantine
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 07, 2020 02:32 PM

That is correct, that is how the product works. The quarantine is in the control center, not the scanner(s). This means those emails along with reports and quarantine notifications are sent according to that same setting.

This has been documented clearly for years.

https://support.symantec.com/us/en/article.TECH156099.html

• 3.  RE: Items Released from SPAM Quarantine

Posted Jan 10, 2020 06:12 AM

Since i have many smg’s, i install one just for this purpose. I use this smg relay to have the mail leaving the control center quarantine be scanned a “second” time. That way the data (released messages) entering my exchange environment has less potential for viruses. This relay only scans for viruses. Nothing else is turned on. Keeping things as simple possible. Diagram: Smg scanner -> controlcenter -> smg relay -> exchange. It works great.

• 4.  RE: Items Released from SPAM Quarantine

Posted Jan 13, 2020 12:48 AM

Thanks for the replies Jeremy and Alex, appreciate it. Cheers!

• 5.  RE: Items Released from SPAM Quarantine

Posted Jan 13, 2020 06:04 AM
    Anytime