Email Security.cloud

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Emails being blocked to long time customers

• 1.  Emails being blocked to long time customers

Posted Feb 23, 2018 07:51 AM

Hello, really need assistance. Whenever we message any one of our customer or client using messagelabs as their spam filter we are getting NDRs.

Error Details

Reported error:

550 5.0.350 Remote server returned an error -> 553 Message filtered. Refer to the Troubleshooting page at;http://www.symanteccloud.com/troubleshooting for more;information. (#5.7.1)

DSN generated by:

MWHPR17MB1680.namprd17.prod.outlook.com

Remote server:

server-6.tower-40.messagelabs.com

We use Office365 to send and this issue just started yesterday. SPF and DKIM configured and working. Not in any blacklist. Please help. This is hindering our business productivity. I have sent an email to investigation#review.symantec.com and cloudfeedback@feedback-87.brightmail.com with an attachment for the error.

Can anyone help? Calling Messagelabs gets me nowhere, since we are not using messagelabs.

Thanks,

Mike

• 2.  RE: Emails being blocked to long time customers

Posted Feb 26, 2018 10:26 AM

Symantec Messagelabs block Office 365 senders ?!?

I have two customers which use Symantec MessageLabs antispam filter. They experience exatly what you describe. These last 1-2 weeks some senders using O365 have been bloked by the Symantec Spamfilter (Brightmail) and not been delivered to the end customer. I think it is a general major problem at Symantec. Hope they will fix it soon. I called support, but was told to send examples in, which I have done.

René

Denmark, Europe

• 3.  RE: Emails being blocked to long time customers

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 21, 2018 12:46 PM

Hello Mike,

Apologizes for the late response.

If this issue is still ongoing, please send me via a private message, from which address you submitted the samples over the the cloudfeedback box. 

Also, for future situations with these errors, I'd strongly recommend asking your partner (the Messagelabs customer) to raise a ticket regarding the problem and we will be able to quickly assist them to resolve it.

Kind regards

Patryk 

• 4.  RE: Emails being blocked to long time customers

Posted Sep 12, 2018 05:43 PM

Hi Patrick,

We've recently encountered this issue last week without warning.  Whenever we send emails from our O365 tenant to any external contact/company with Symantec's Anti-Spam Service it gets flagged as spam.  The only exception is if an email body & subject line does not contain any hyperlinks (e.g. email address in signature, link to company website, etc.) 

We have followed Symantec's guidance in addressing the 553 - filtered remediation steps, yet we are still affected by this issue.  We also cannot send or reply to @symantec.com emails as they too end up blocked.   

Any insight you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Josh

• 5.  RE: Emails being blocked to long time customers

Posted Sep 25, 2018 08:58 AM
    I have also been receiving "553: Message filtered" when I reply to business emails. This happens regularly and is very frustrating, usually on the second or third response in a conversation. I even opened a new yahoo email account to try to fix the issue, but it happened again today. Please tell me how to fix it. "Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address. <CustomerService@xxxxxxxxx.com.au>: 553: Message filtered. Refer to the Troubleshooting page at http://www.symanteccloud.com/troubleshooting for more information. (#5.7.1)"

• 6.  RE: Emails being blocked to long time customers

Posted Oct 01, 2018 02:02 AM
    Hi, We are sending out account verification and password rest emails which score 10/10 at mail-tester.com but are getting filtered by Symantec cloud. We have a large number of enterprise customers and over the weekend received in excess of 400 filtered messages. How do we go about getting our ip adress or domain whitelisted. We switched from sendgrid to sendinblue because of this delivery issue and can now see why our mailed are not being delivered. This is causing massive issues with our corporate users and asking each clue t to individually whitelist is tricky as we have hundreds of corporate clients. Thanks

• 7.  RE: Emails being blocked to long time customers

Hi, We are sending out account verification and password rest emails which score 10/10 at mail-tester.com but are getting filtered by Symantec cloud. We have a large number of enterprise customers and over the weekend received in excess of 400 filtered messages. How do we go about getting our ip adress or domain whitelisted. We switched from sendgrid to sendinblue because of this delivery issue and can now see why our mailed are not being delivered. This is causing massive issues with our corporate users and asking each clue t to individually whitelist is tricky as we have hundreds of corporate clients. Thanks

• 8.  RE: Emails being blocked to long time customers

• 9.  RE: Emails being blocked to long time customers

• 10.  RE: Emails being blocked to long time customers

Posted May 27, 2021 10:13 PM
    Have you had a resolution for this? We are experiencing a similar problem.