Email Security.cloud

View Only
  • 1.  Email Security.Cloud has stale MX record

Posted Aug 05, 2020 09:17 PM

Hi support crew,

When Email Security customers send us an email to any of our staff using the address @superannuation.asn.au the email is not routed to our updated MX record but rather uses an old MX record which means the emails are not being delivered to our updated email provided. We were previously Email Security.cloud customers ourselves but moved to a different email provider but it appears as though you have a cache of our old MX record and this is causing emails to not be delivered. An example was a person sending an email from @Challenger.com.au  to us @superannuation.asn.au  doesn't route to our current MX record which is au-smtp-inbound-1.mimecast.com​​

Is there a way you can clear the old cache or settings you have for superannuation.asn.au so that it points to the actual MX record now. 

Thank you in advance. 

Nathan

------------------------------
    Nathan Davies
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Email Security.Cloud has stale MX record

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 07, 2020 04:31 PM

Hi Nathan, 

I don't see any 'inbound routes' for superannuation.asn.au. The domain does not appear in any account.
    Have these customers provided you more details on how they're reaching this conclusion ?

Regards,

Yamma

• 3.  RE: Email Security.Cloud has stale MX record

Posted Aug 10, 2020 03:53 AM
    Hi Yamma,

After my initial call to support (getting no where) and then posting this forum message (as directed by phone support)  I decided to poke around the interface myself and deleted the domain and connection inside Email Security.Cloud which is why you cannot see it anymore. I couldn't get the required help from the phone support so I had to DIY this solution.   Please close this thread as I cannot see any emails so don't even know if there are any issues with the email flowing through MessageLabs. I'm presuming deleting the domain has stopped the MessageLabs old routing issue!  Thanks for responding but I think I solved it myself.  Have a great day.

• 4.  RE: Email Security.Cloud has stale MX record

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 10, 2020 11:57 AM
    Thanks Nathan. You did the correct thing and removing the domain. That's what I would have suggested as well.
    Please do the same for any other domains on our system that you do not want to be filtered by us to avoid the same issue.

• 5.  RE: Email Security.Cloud has stale MX record

Posted Aug 10, 2020 12:18 PM
    Hi,

Could you help me with a similar issue. We have 300+ rejected/undelivered emails to customers for automatic emails sent from our website, such as password resets and order confirmations.

The reply is all the rejected emails are as follows:

A problem occurred during the delivery of this message to this e-mail address. Try sending this message again. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.

The following organisation rejected your message: server-18.tower-239.messagelabs.com.

Can you check and see if we have been blacklisted or treated as spam etc? As I have no idea how to stop this issue, thanks.

Kind regards,
    Matthew

• 6.  RE: Email Security.Cloud has stale MX record

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 10, 2020 04:22 PM
    can you provide the full error logs or NDR ?

• 7.  RE: Email Security.Cloud has stale MX record

Posted Aug 11, 2020 04:17 AM
    Hi,

I'm not sure what NDR means but would the attached images help?