Email Security.cloud

View Only
  • 1.  Removing domain from Symantec.cloud

Posted Nov 15, 2021 02:25 PM
    I'm the IT support for a smallish company who have a customer who are using Symantec.cloud.
    None of their emails get through to any of our email addresses.
    Eventually, after we determined that it wasn't our system blocking them, they got a response from Broadcom:

We've just had an update from Broadcom, stating that the recipient domain "hi-techproperties.co.uk" is actually registered on Symantec.Cloud as well, and on the same cluster as yourselves, but with incorrect Inbound Routes. In instances where 2 S.C customers are on the same cluster, the service skips the MX Lookup and routes by each customer's Inbound Routes, for faster service and delivery. Unfortunately, this can cause issues when one of the accounts is incorrectly provisioned (usually while they are either moving to, or from, S.C.)

In this instance, this needs to be escalated to the Mail Admins at hi-techproperties.co.uk, to update their S.C account. Do you have an alternative means of contacting them?

I've been Hi-tech's IT support since 2008 and I have never installed any Symantec products on any of their computers so I don't know where it has come from.
    I have searched historic emails and I can see some Symantec.cloud footers from pre 2018 on a few emails but those users can't give me any Symantec login details or product Key.
    So, how do I remove our domain from the system so that it starts using MX lookup again?

------------------------------
    Stubyles
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Removing domain from Symantec.cloud

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 23, 2021 12:03 PM
    Hi Stuart,

The domain hi-techproperties.co.uk is no longer register with Email Security.cloud and should not be subjected to internal routing.

- Michael

• 3.  RE: Removing domain from Symantec.cloud

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 24, 2021 10:01 AM
    Hi Stuart,

The domain hi-techproperties.co.uk is no longer register with Email Security.cloud and will not be subjected to internal routing.

- Michael