Email Security.cloud

View Only
  • 1.  Server Found as Negative Reputation in Symantec list.

Posted Oct 31, 2019 01:36 PM

Our Spam filter/smtp relay server is sending email from our client to thier client and it reach messagelab.com Server.

In the last few day it been listed as IP address had poor reputation. And i checked all the log and activites, and didn't see anything wrong.

The only things is the server just got this IP moved to Digital Ocean last week. And i don't know the past history for this IP at all.

And I was able to remove from the list for about 24hours and it come back again. And now it been listed as Negative Reputation.

I checked blacklist search from mxtoolbox.com and return with all postive. Also it is not open relay server.

From the sysmantec ip reputation removal check tool. it give follow resason.

The host has been observed sending spam in a format that is similar to snow shoe spamming techniques.
    The host is unauthorized to send email directly to email servers.

Could you please tell me whats wrong and how to fixing it.

PS: My Server IP is 138.197.128.245

• 2.  RE: Server Found as Negative Reputation in Symantec list.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 04, 2019 04:59 PM

Hello Marcus,

Here is more information about Snow Shoe spamming: https://www.symantec.com/content/en/us/enterprise/white_papers/custom-report-spam-outbreak-snowshoe-2014-10.pdf.

Please note the email security. cloud team does not manage the IP reputation removal tool .

Regards,

Yamma