Endpoint Security Complete

View Only
  • 1.  Monthly Webinar Topics

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 05, 2021 10:08 PM
    We're considering hosting webinars about cloud management with Symantec Endpoint Security on a more regular basis. If we were to do this, what type of content would be most helpful?

Some ideas:
    • Recently released features
    • How to use certain features, e.g. EDR, Behavioral Isolation, Policy Targeting Rules (location awareness)
    • How to troubleshoot issues
    • Short term roadmap
    • Open Q&A

------------------------------
    Product Management
    Broadcom

• 2.  RE: Monthly Webinar Topics

Posted Jan 06, 2021 06:16 AM
    Hi Adam

This is a great idea, i think that maybe you can use marketing to target more users in joining this sessions as a lot of them have moved from SBE or SEPC and this will help them better understand the SES and SESC 

Kind Regards

Pre-Sales
    Tech Data

• 3.  RE: Monthly Webinar Topics

Posted Jan 06, 2021 08:48 AM
    I'm a consultant with a bunch of customers moved from SEPSBE to SESE.

It would be advisable to know for example:

- how to install the client (there are a number of features some of which I think are not licensed to SESE... or best applicable to notebook instead of fixed pc...);
    - how to configure new SESE policies;
    - Issues... how to manage issues which comes via e-mail in form of "Symantec Integrated Cyber Defense Manager Device reported a malfunctioning engine";
    - Issues... how to manage issues with licenses (such as: I have x licenses in the tenant assigned to x devices... but one or more devices report license expired...);

Thank you.

• 4.  RE: Monthly Webinar Topics

Posted Jan 06, 2021 12:22 PM
    Hi Adam,

A Happy New Year to you.

I think this is a great idea! 

All the content you mention would be most welcome, especially seeing new features in action and roadmap. 

Also, understanding how SESE and SESC features can benefit in different attack and business scenarios.
    If possible, showing how SESE/SESC provides better defence in depth or ease of use over competing solutions.

A webinar for customers considering the move from SEP to SES (or a hybrid deployment) would also be beneficial.  This could be used to call out any gotchas in the upgrade/migration, etc...

I'm sure I'll think of more...  :-)

CiaranCMS

• 5.  RE: Monthly Webinar Topics

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 18, 2021 10:25 PM
    I'll try to blend the content to cover both SES Enterprise (including foundational topics like policy assignment, alerts, package installation tips, etc.) and SES Complete features. The first of this series will be next month. We'll promote it within the cloud console so you can register from there. Big things are coming to the cloud console in the next 2-3 months now that the migration to Google Cloud Platform is almost complete.

Product Management
    Broadcom

• 6.  RE: Monthly Webinar Topics

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 29, 2021 08:32 PM

The webinar series will feature a different topic every 2 weeks. You can register for them here: https://www.brighttalk.com/channel/13361/

My session specifically about the cloud will be in April.

Product Management
    Broadcom

• 7.  RE: Monthly Webinar Topics

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 20, 2021 03:53 PM
    I'll be hosting a virtual user group specifically for the cloud console in early March. This is in addition to the webinar in April. This will be a trial run to see what content and format works well, so registration will be limited to people who most often log in to the console. In the next week or so, you may see an invitation in the console to register for the event.

Product Management
    Broadcom

• 8.  RE: Monthly Webinar Topics

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 04, 2021 11:09 AM
    Update: If you're a frequent user of the ICDm cloud console, you'll get an invitation to the event on March 10 when you log in.

Product Management
    Broadcom

• 9.  RE: Monthly Webinar Topics

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 21, 2021 03:20 PM
    Hi Adam

Great idea, very good!

I believe that addressing a little bit about policy conversion would be a good thing, especially the rules used in SEPM On-premise and how to use SESC for example application and device control, this is the biggest difficulty for my clients.