Endpoint Security Complete

View Only
  • 1.  SEP to SES upgrade agent size

Posted Aug 10, 2020 02:29 AM
    Hi.

The link below explains that it is possible to move an agent from an on-prem SEPM to the Cloud console by creating a SESC agent installation pack.

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/symantec-security-software/endpoint-security-and-management/endpoint-security/sescloud/Installing-the-Symantec-Agent-and-enrolling-devices/converting-on-premises-clients-to-cloud-managed-sy-v132988118-d4155e11816.html#v132988118

Also I see there is a way to move the clients directly from the cloud console but, does anyone has information about the size of the packet that the on-prem agent downloads to perform the upgrade? considering it is on the 14.2 version and it has its definitions full updated.

Thanks

------------------------------
    || Alex ||

• 2.  RE: SEP to SES upgrade agent size

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 10, 2020 03:33 PM
    I believe the agent upgrade package it downloads from LiveUpdate is around 30-40mb. If the agent is on an older version where no delta package is available, it'll download the full package.

Product Management
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: SEP to SES upgrade agent size

Posted Aug 11, 2020 07:44 PM
    Thanks for the reply Adam, do you know if there is any difference if I use the full agent installer vs the online installer?...I mean, even if I use the full agent installer, it will attempt to download the package from the cloud?

Thanks
    Alex

|| Alex ||

• 4.  RE: SEP to SES upgrade agent size

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 14, 2020 11:53 AM
    Yes, the installer will download the full package, but it won't automatically install it. It'll just save the files to your machine so you can package it.

Product Management
    Broadcom