Altiris Software Dev Kit (ASDK)

View Only
  • 1.  Altiris.ASDK.NS.COM: Method failed

Posted Sep 26, 2016 08:24 AM

So I've started looking into using the ASDK and I pulled the following script from the Help file just as a test, but when I try to run it on my SMP I receive the error "Altiris.ASDK.NS.COM: Method failed. Has the server component been installed on the target server? Exception: The request failed with HTTP status 403: Forbidden."

Dim reportManagement

set reportManagement = CreateObject("Altiris.ASDK.NS.ReportManagement")
    reportManagement.TargetServer = "smpServer"
    reportManagement.UserName = "username"
    reportManagement.Password = "password"
    reportManagement.DomainName = "domain"
    reportManagement.Authenticate()

Dim folderGuid, query, results

folderGuid = "{76239de0-c143-4a17-bd4d-159149b7e4a3}"
    query = "SELECT DISTINCT [Windows 7 Professional] FROM Inv_AeX_AC_Identification"

set results = reportManagement.CreateReportUsingRawSqlQuery("Sample Report", "a sample report", "All client operating systems", folderGuid, query)

Is there any chance someone could point out what I'm doing wrong? I thought the ASDK was installed by default with the SMP installation and when I try to run the MSI file again it errors out on me.

• 2.  RE: Altiris.ASDK.NS.COM: Method failed

Posted Sep 26, 2016 08:31 AM

Could my SMP require some SQL component to run the query since my CMDB is off-box?

• 3.  RE: Altiris.ASDK.NS.COM: Method failed

Posted Sep 26, 2016 09:48 AM

Are you logged in locally on the SMP server with an account having permissions to the server?

In that case it would be enuf to initialize the ReportManagement object and authenticate as below:

set reportManagement = CreateObject("Altiris.ASDK.NS.ReportManagement")
    reportManagement.CreateLocalInstance()

• 4.  RE: Altiris.ASDK.NS.COM: Method failed

Posted Sep 26, 2016 11:11 AM

You may need to install it.

See this forum post: http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/altiris-75-asdk-files-missing