Altiris Software Dev Kit (ASDK)

View Only
  • 1.  installation of drivers in windows 10 through winpe

Posted Dec 02, 2016 07:56 AM

Hi all,

I have to install driver in windows 10 Operating System through WinPE(WinPE-10).I have windows 10 os in laptop.I have booted WinPE from USB device.I have tried drvload [inf-path],this will install the driver in WinPE environment only.But my intention is to run my driver files in WinPE environment and that driver should be instalIed in windows 10.That is drivers should be install in windows 10 not in winPE.So if i open windows 10,all driver files should be available there and my device also have to work properly.

Please anyone text me the solution.

Thanks in advance. 

• 2.  RE: installation of drivers in windows 10 through winpe

Posted Dec 03, 2016 08:10 AM

I believe that only critical boot drivers in WinPE are reflected into Windows 10 but this should be done automatically. The log files in the INF directory in Windows 10 should tell you what's going on.

• 3.  RE: installation of drivers in windows 10 through winpe

Posted Dec 05, 2016 04:51 AM

Hi!

To the drivers be inputed in the images you have to add the drivers in the DeployAnywhere tab.

DeployAnywhere is the tecnology that will run after the "Deploy Image" task which is responsible to add the drivers into the Windows 10 images and other OS.

In your case, click on "Settings" menu and then "Driver Management". Choose DeployAnywhere tab and add the driver in this base. If you are working with Site Servers, wait a while to this driver be downloaded to the site servers and try again. Also don't forget to configure to the "Deploy Image" task to use the DeployAnywhere technology.

This article also can help you how to troubleshoot.

https://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/deploy-image-failed-ds-71sp1

Regards,