Altiris Software Dev Kit (ASDK)

View Only
  • 1.  An error occurred while copying file AeXMenuCtrlLib.dll

Posted Sep 15, 2015 12:34 AM

Fault : user is prompt for error message "An error occurred while copying file AeXMenuCtrlLib.dll"  when access Altiris Console in internet explorer.

after click on "Install" button when request to verify on application to install. an error prompt like above. verified the file AltirisNSConsole.cab is failing to extract and not successfull to register all the dlls from the cab files.

to mention the user is under the group of Symantec Desktop Users only.

Please share to me the possible root cause and a solution for this problem.

• 2.  RE: An error occurred while copying file AeXMenuCtrlLib.dll

Posted Sep 22, 2015 11:07 AM

Is their IE setup to allow ActiveX? 

Have you tried installing the AeXNSCABInstaller.exe instead? 

If a user with local admin rights logs on and accesses the console allowing all ActiveX objects to be installed, does the normal user still have this problem? 

What IE version is the users machine running, and is compatibility mode enabled?

• 3.  RE: An error occurred while copying file AeXMenuCtrlLib.dll

Posted Sep 23, 2015 03:29 AM

IE Version - IE version 8.0.7601.17514

ActiveX - Adds On - XML DOM Document and AeXMenuCtrl Class status is enabled.

I'm not able to locate the installer AeXNSCABInstaller.exe in the Symantec installed machine or  where can find it.

i'm a normal user account with Symantec administrator role. mean while the user which having error prompt is normal user account with Symantec Desktop Users role. 

• 4.  RE: An error occurred while copying file AeXMenuCtrlLib.dll

Posted Sep 23, 2015 03:55 AM

You should find the EXE in its folder within the NSCap directory on the NS/SMP server.