Network Access Control

View Only
  • 1.  how to upgrade SNAC 11.xx to 12.xx ?

Posted Sep 01, 2014 03:16 AM

Now both the version of sep and snac is 11.xx , the snac license is going to expiring, so we just buy the snac license , now i only want to upgrade the sanc from version 11 to 12 with the new snac license , is that right  that i just only need to clic the setup of snac ?  

• 2.  RE: how to upgrade SNAC 11.xx to 12.xx ?

Posted Sep 01, 2014 03:59 AM

SNAC going to EOL

On March 3, 2014, Symantec will cease selling Symantec Network Access Control in NAM, EMEA and LAM regions.

On May 5, 2014, Symantec will cease selling Symantec Network Access Control in the APJ region.

Technical support services for Symantec Network Access Control will close on November 5, 2017

Moving forward, Host Integrity, a feature of Symantec Network Access Control, will be integrated into a future release of Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP).

Symantec Network Access Control (SNAC) End of Life FAQ for Customers and Partners

Article:HOWTO95154  | Created: 2014-02-03  | Updated: 2014-04-08  | Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO95154

See this thread

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/possible-product-replacement-snac

• 3.  RE: how to upgrade SNAC 11.xx to 12.xx ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 01, 2014 09:04 AM

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Symantec community.

I believe you no longer can purchase SNAC licenses now. Even SEP 11 is reaching EOL soon.

I recommend to migrate to SEP 12.1 latest version.

Host Integrity, a feature of Symantec Network Access Control, will be integrated into a future release of Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP). Customers who have SEP entitlement can continue to use the Host Integrity feature.  Those who require advanced network access control capabilities should speak to their current network device providers whose products may have already incorporated this technology.

Host Inegrity feature will be added into SEP. Advise the customers to use SEP only.

• 4.  RE: how to upgrade SNAC 11.xx to 12.xx ?

Posted Sep 01, 2014 10:41 PM

thanks for you reminding ,but my client has bought the license some days ago ,so i have to finish this task.

• 5.  RE: how to upgrade SNAC 11.xx to 12.xx ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 02, 2014 06:54 AM

Thanks for the update. Simply run the setup.exe and upgrade process will start.

• 6.  RE: how to upgrade SNAC 11.xx to 12.xx ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 08, 2015 08:03 AM

Is there any update?

OR

If issue has been resolved could you mark this thread as a solved with the best answer that helps you.