Workflow and ServiceDesk Community

View Only
  • 1.  Can not recompile Symantec.Components.Generated7.Altiris.Resource

Posted Apr 12, 2017 06:58 AM

Hi,

I am setting up a new Workflow Server (8.1) and I am trying to get in all my custom resources from Altiris. However, when running the wizard to recreate Symantec.Components.Generated7.Altiris.Resource I am presented with the error "Errors prevented resource exploration from being completed."

error_0.JPG

I can see some errors also in the application log:

error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ImageJob' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'BackupDestination' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'LicenseManagement' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

After some checks in the database it seems like these are items related to Symantec System Recovery 2011 Management Solution (ProductGuid = 5FF68AE4-9CD3-492B-9D00-5990303AC3C7). This product was once installed but has been removed long time ago. 

It seems like there are some items left in the datbase which make the generator fail.

Any tips how to get rid of these items? Or any other tips how to successfully run the generator?

Thanks

Stefan

• 2.  RE: Can not recompile Symantec.Components.Generated7.Altiris.Resource

Posted Apr 12, 2017 08:09 AM

Do you still have the original DLLs? 

Take a backup of the new ones and then you could copy them from the original server and try again. It might grab them from the DLL first.

If not you prob need to contact SMP support and see about getting these stray GUIDs removed from the NS.

---

Other issues when recompiling:

Has the WF Service Account be set against the Workflow Service (swfsvr)?

What account are you running Workflow Manager as?

Does the account have permissions to the "[Install Drive]:\Program Files\Symantec\Workflow\"

It's usually a permissions issue when trying to regenerate the Altiris7 DLLs.

• 3.  RE: Can not recompile Symantec.Components.Generated7.Altiris.Resource

Posted Apr 12, 2017 09:42 AM

Sure I have the original DLLs however if I at one point add another custom type I will not be able to bring it up in WF.

---

If you refer to the Symantec Workflow Server service. That one is running under Local System. And System account has full control on WF Install Directory.

• 4.  RE: Can not recompile Symantec.Components.Generated7.Altiris.Resource

Posted Apr 12, 2017 12:22 PM

Sometimes using the old DLLs (and Help files) pulls in the original information, recompiling against those may allow you to unselect the troublesome items.