Symantec Management Platform (SMP) Community

View Only
  • 1.  CEM report for clients not connecting

Posted May 05, 2020 02:00 PM

Hoping someone can point me to a report that will show which systems cannot connect with CEM.  I inherited this environment, and was only involved for the final config of CEM, issue of certs and go live. I have run and reviewed every canned CEM report and not finding exactly what I am looking for, could be that I am either not familiar with CEM or the report does not exist. 

I am reviewing Igor's docs to gain a better understanding of CEM.

CEM - Basic to install CEM funtionality.docx

and 

CEM Issues troubleshooting.docx

Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks 
    Terry

• 2.  RE: CEM report for clients not connecting

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 05, 2020 02:21 PM

Hi Terry@WAB!

There are default reports where you can see which managed computer and when wasn't able to connect via CEM and its reason, as well as when last internet connection established.

If you are using SMP 8.5 RU2/RU3, there should be available "Agent Connection Status" default report, where you can see how client computer is connected with NS as well as with Task Server (via CEM or just HTTP or via Persistent connection (web sockets))

------------------------------
    Software QA Engineer 3
    Broadcom Inc.

• 3.  RE: CEM report for clients not connecting

Posted May 05, 2020 04:11 PM

Igor thanks for the reply!  I reviewed those reports and now looking for how to resolve each "problem type".  Any information on what each actually means?  The troublehooting doc does not cover them. 

Credentials validation failed
    Inactive agent
    HTTP Error returned from server
    Host unreached

Terry

• 4.  RE: CEM report for clients not connecting

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 06, 2020 02:16 PM

Troubleshooting doc is created lot time ago, using 7.5.x version... Now there is 8.5 RU3 release where CEM gateway doesn't use apache and is able to support websocket connections (persistent connection) between cem agents with NS, Site Servers. Doc mostly targeted to show troubleshooting of CEM Gateway logs.

Errors are gathered when CEM agent performs communication to NS via CEM gateway but NS returned these errors below:
    Credentials validation failed
    Inactive agent
    HTTP Error returned from server
    Host unreached

Best way is to open Log Viewer on CEM Gateway machine itself from CEM Gateway UI and check what errors/warning messages there appear and from which CEM agent to identify most common problems in environment, etc.
    (To Understand & check firewall rules, NS & Site Server(s) side as well as NS Communication profile to make sure that there are all required certificated, URLs, CEM Settings policies and how CEM Gateway itself is configured and how it resolves NS & Site Servers by added Hostname(s), FQDN(s), Addresses of NS & Site Server(s) in)

Please check this link https://community.broadcom.com/symantecenterprise/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=2e4979b4-8747-4f26-82a4-f6f80e79e45b&CommunityKey=bf23126f-6eab-4bbe-965d-e26838c079e0&tab=digestviewer#bm2e4979b4-8747-4f26-82a4-f6f80e79e45b

Best regards,
    IP.

Software QA Engineer 3
    Broadcom Inc.