Symantec IT Risk and Compliance Product Group

View Only
  • 1.  CCS 10.5.1 FISMA standards

Posted Nov 07, 2012 04:01 PM

I know FISMA is built off of NIST but are there specific standards for FISMA and can I download them to run in 10.5 or do I need to upgrade to 11? 

also how painful is the upgrade.  May last 3 upgrades were from hell.. Im an original bindview owner and seems there was a lack of expert integration when symantec took over.  Since things are running fine I hesitate to upgrade.

thanks

• 2.  RE: CCS 10.5.1 FISMA standards

Posted Nov 07, 2012 05:19 PM

In CCS 10.5.1, FISMA Regulations (Section 301- Information Security) are included in the Content Studio (see page 850 of the User Guide), under Mandates.  Regulations are a subset of Mandates.  Instructions are provided on how to manage and activate the content.

Excerpt from p 850 of CCS 10.5.1 User Guide...

A mandate is a regulation or framework with which you must comply. The

Symantec Content Studio includes predefined mandates you can use as a model

for your custom mandates. The Content Studio also lets you create the custom

mandates that fit your specific needs. You can also map custom mandates to

Symantec-created or custom control statements in the Content Studio. Any

regulation or framework is a mandate.

You can activate or deactivate a mandate as per your organizational requirements.

Only an active mandate is taken into consideration for metric calculation for

Policy Manager, reports, and dashboards. However,whenyou deactivate a mandate,

the entry of the mandate is not deleted from the reporting database. An inactive

mandate is still used for the trending panels.

You can activate or deactivate a mandate by selecting the relevant option from

the right-click menu. The right-click menu also contains the options to view all

the mandates or only the active mandates in your organization.