ProxySG & Advanced Secure Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  regex not working to allow linkedin learning in proxysg

Posted Jul 23, 2020 06:04 PM
    Hi Team
    can anyone suggest the solution to allow "www.linkedin.com/learning" alone in proxysg?
    i have tried few regex but seems to not working

Could anyone suggest me a solution?

Thanks in advance!

• 2.  RE: regex not working to allow linkedin learning in proxysg
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 24, 2020 10:33 AM
    Hello Jagadeesan,

To accomplish what you are asking is a bit more complex then just allowing access to this exact destination URL www.linkedin.com/learning and will require a few policies because this www.linkedin.com/learning is just web page that contains a lot of objects that are hosted by other destinations including www.linkedin.com.

You will need 3 Policies to grant users access to this page www.linkedin.com/learning  , see bellow.

1. In Webex layer: source Any, Destination:Request URL Advanced Match see screenshot bellow, Action Allow

2. In the same Webex Layer, bellow the rule you created in step #1 create this following rule:
    Source : Request Header (Referer) www.linkedin.com , Destination Any, Action Allow , see bellow

3. In the VPM if you have a CPL Layer , or in the Local Policy File add this Policy bellow:
    <proxy>
    http.method=CONNECT allow

I tested this in the lab it works, however if it does not work for you , please log an Technical Case via the Broadcom Portal.

I hope this helps.

Slava