ProxySG & Advanced Secure Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  Latest Stable SGOS version

Posted Jul 11, 2020 01:10 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi,

We have ASG S400-20 and SGOS is - 6.7.4.10. But recently we have identified an SSL related issue and we think it is due to a bug. So we are planning to upgrade the SGOS to latest stable version. Regarding that I want to know below facts

1. As per the Release Note Directory (I have attached it here) there are terms as "GA", "LA" and "PR"? Hope PR - Permanent Release. But what does "GA" and "LA" means?
    2. Does any one using any of the fallowing version in ASG and can you please let me know the status. We are planning to upgrade to either of them
      1. 6.7.5.2 LA
      2. 6.7.5.5 GA

Kind regards,
    Ruranga

Attachment(s)

pdf
    ASG67xReleae Notes 2.pdf   1022 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Latest Stable SGOS version
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 13, 2020 11:40 AM
    Hi Ruranga,

EA = Early Availability 
    LA = Limited Availability
    GA = General Availability
    PR = Patch Release

Usually, the first few release(s) of a new feature tier are known as Early Availability (EA), which gives customers who want to try the new features in a lab setup, although this version may not be stable.

Limited Availability (LA) releases are typically EA releases that were shown to be problematic, and may be pulled from the support site. They are still available, but typically only through support (hence the 'limited' part). Unless you have a really good reason, I would not recommend upgrading anything in production to an LA version.

When a version is deemed stable, it will generally be released as a General Availability (GA). Further improvements and minor bug fixes will be released as Patch Releases (PR).

Where you are on 6.7.4.10, the latest PR would be 6.7.4.14. 6.7.5.x will have different features introduced, and so if you want to go to 6.7.5.x, I would do 6.7.5.5. 

Thanks!

• 3.  RE: Latest Stable SGOS version

Posted Jul 13, 2020 03:32 PM
    Hi Jacob,
    Thank you very much for your clear answer!
    I have upgraded to 6.7.5.5 and no major issue reported yet

Thanks again for your clear explanation

Kind regards,
    Ruranga

• 4.  RE: Latest Stable SGOS version

Posted Jul 13, 2020 03:39 PM
    Can you directly upgrade from 6.7.4.13 to 6.7.5.5 with no extra work / issues?

• 5.  RE: Latest Stable SGOS version

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 13, 2020 05:02 PM
    Hi Joshua,

You shouldn't need any intermediate hops to go from 6.7.4.13 to 6.7.5.5. It should be a straight shot. You can find the upgrade path for the ASG below:

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/dam/broadcom/techdocs/symantec-security-software/web-and-network-security/advanced-secure-gateway/6-7/generated-pdfs/AdvancedSecureGatewayUpgradeDowngradeQuickReference.pdf

Thanks!

• 6.  RE: Latest Stable SGOS version

Posted Jul 14, 2020 10:28 AM
    Thank you Jacob. I have a ProxySG S500-20 series. I figured there upgrade path would be similar to the ASG?

• 7.  RE: Latest Stable SGOS version

Posted Sep 14, 2020 11:39 AM
    Looking great work dear, I really appreciated to you on this quality work. Nice post!!