ProxySG & Advanced Secure Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  Web WhatsApp QR code not display when traffic via ProxySG

Posted Jan 11, 2021 09:08 AM
    Hi Team,

In chrome browser when we access web WhatsApp via ProxySG, unable to load the QR code and keep loading.

Kindly advice what could be causing this issue.

Thanks,
    Raju

• 2.  RE: Web WhatsApp QR code not display when traffic via ProxySG

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 11, 2021 10:54 AM
    Hi Raju,

I am not aware of any known compatibility issues between WhatsApp and ProxySG. As such, I would start basic troubleshooting, as you would any other URL that isn't loading.

The first thing I would check is the behavior in other browsers. If the other browsers work just fine, I would look more closely at Chrome.

If all the browsers have issues, I would use the network section of the Developer Tools in the browser to check what components of the webpage are failing, and then look for those same components in policy traces and packet captures to see if the ProxySG is blocking those components, or if something is failing. 

Another option is to troubleshoot using the following CPL, which allows you to take a test user, and troubleshoot the connection with different options (such as ssl decrytion) disabled, to try and hone down any possible conflict that way.

https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article/167379/cpl-script-to-troubleshoot-proxysg-or-as.html

Hope that helps!

• 3.  RE: Web WhatsApp QR code not display when traffic via ProxySG

Posted Jan 11, 2021 11:12 AM
    Hi Jacob,

Thanks for sharing feedback.
    User facing issue in all browsers and reviewed the policy trace but couldnt get much information.
    Even created rule and alowed the user IP as any any but still facing the same issue.

Let me try the magic scripts which you have recommended.

Thanks,
    Raju

• 4.  RE: Web WhatsApp QR code not display when traffic via ProxySG

Posted Jan 14, 2021 08:16 AM
    I remember we had this case some years ago. Internally we don´t allow whatsapp, but the solution is/was  to disable the ssl interception.
    you just need to check which url need the interception disable.

Regards

Fermin

------------------------------
    Sytems Engineer
    GW

• 5.  RE: Web WhatsApp QR code not display when traffic via ProxySG

Posted Aug 25, 2023 02:25 PM

Web WhatsApp QR code isn't displaying when traffic is routed through ProxySG, you can try the following steps to resolve the issue:

1. SSL Interception Configuration: If the ProxySG is performing SSL interception, ensure that the interception is configured correctly. Improper SSL interception can lead to issues with secure websites like WhatsApp. Check if the SSL interception policy is correctly set up and valid certificates are being used.

2. Bypassing SSL Interception: You can create an SSL interception bypass rule specifically for the WhatsApp domain or URL. This will allow WhatsApp traffic to pass through the ProxySG without interception. Make sure that you carefully define the bypass rule to avoid any security risks.

3. URL Filtering Policies: Review the URL filtering policies on the ProxySG. It's possible that the URL for Web WhatsApp is being blocked or restricted by the policies. Adjust the policies to allow the necessary URLs for Web WhatsApp.

4. Content Type Policies: Verify that the ProxySG's content type policies are not blocking the rendering of QR codes or any necessary content for Web WhatsApp.

5. Browser Compatibility: Ensure that the browser you are using is compatible with the ProxySG and its configurations. Test with different browsers to see if the issue persists.

6. ProxySG Firmware and Updates: Make sure that your ProxySG firmware is up to date. Updates may include bug fixes and improvements that could resolve compatibility issues.

7. **** Domains: Add WhatsApp-related domains to a **** to ensure that their content is not blocked or altered by the ProxySG.

8. Packet Captures and Logs: Use packet capture tools and ProxySG logs to identify where the issue is occurring. Look for any errors or anomalies related to the Web WhatsApp traffic.

9. Contact Support: If the issue persists, reach out to the technical support of the ProxySG vendor for assistance. They can provide specific guidance based on your configuration and setup.

Niya Gomes