ProxySG & Advanced Secure Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  ProxySG platform on the ISG does not seem to support the deployment of an inline transparent mode.

Posted Feb 12, 2021 06:05 PM
    The customer tried to replace the appliance of the obsolete SG S9000 series, and we considered EOS and proposed it as the SGOS of the ISG platform.
    After receiving the ISG device (S410-10), while performing ProxySG function test, it was confirmed that each interface could not be bridged, and therefore, inline transparent distribution mode was not supported.
    Of course, there is no physical passthru setting.
    I can't confirm that inline is not supported anywhere in the manual or guide, so I can't confirm whether what we found is normal or whether it is a problem with the newly delivered appliance.
    So I would like to ask your opinion here.

- ISG version: 2.2.1.1

- SGOS Version of ISG platform: 6.7.5.8

Regards,

• 2.  RE: ProxySG platform on the ISG does not seem to support the deployment of an inline transparent mode.

Posted Feb 18, 2021 09:17 AM
    Curious, was a bypass capable NIC card purchased with the SSP S410-10?  Not all cards are bypass capable.

------------------------------
    Providing you Premier Partner support via Accredited Training, Professional Services, Consulting Services, Partner support for products with full staff of Broadcom Knights.  Looking for support and want the top versed individuals to assist you? Email sales@braxtongrant.com and let's start a conversation on how we can assist you.

• 3.  RE: ProxySG platform on the ISG does not seem to support the deployment of an inline transparent mode.

Posted Feb 18, 2021 10:19 AM
    Can you not create a software bridge ?

Would someone be kind enough to provide a very brief summary of ISG as it is new to me and the different between it and a traditional SG.

Thank you
    Paul

• 4.  RE: ProxySG platform on the ISG does not seem to support the deployment of an inline transparent mode.

Posted Mar 01, 2021 06:32 AM
    Hi Paul Riddington,

I thinks same you about setting the software bridge.
    @kabyong park pls. test with the software bridge on the Network menu configuration.

Thank you and BR
    Sakkarin Pichetskul

System Engineer
    nForce Secure Co.,Ltd. [Thailand]

• 5.  RE: ProxySG platform on the ISG does not seem to support the deployment of an inline transparent mode.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 02, 2021 10:14 AM
    Hello @kabyong park

The interfaces that the ISG comes with are Bypass interfaces, but that is not the issues here.
    The ISG software at this time does not support the Physical Transparent Inline Deployments yet!!!, there for adding two interfaces to the virtual bridge wont provide you any bypass or fail to wire capabilities.
    Because the Transparent Inline Deployment is the least popular an not common, the dev team has pushed this capability feature further lower on the list of features to implement. 
    Your alternatives for the Transparent deployment, are Virtually Inline or the Policy Based Routing (PBR). or there is always explicit.
    Trying to find the official statement about it.

I hope this helps.
    Slava