ProxySG & Advanced Secure Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  Questions about Reporter LDAP authentication

Posted Jul 23, 2020 06:04 PM
    Blue Coat Experts,

A couple of questions regarding the Reporter so I can understand a LDAP Authentication issue we are experiencing. We have two users defined in Active Director with identical group membership. One user can successfully access Reporter but the other cannot.

Firstly is there anyway to enable verbose logging in order to see why the LDAP authentication attempt is failing? Also there is a file called `ldap_users.cfg` within the 'settings' folder, how is this generated? I stopped the Reporter service and then removed this file and it seems to have been restored from a cache / back up as it contains LDAP users account who previously had access but no longer do. I cannot even modify this file as any changes are automatically reverted. How is the LDAP_<hash> string derived. Is this an attribute from AD, or an arbitrary value assigned by Reporter?

Finally we have found that LDAP users have to enter their userid in UPPER case in order for authentication to succeed. This seems to only affect Reporter, our Management Center, ProxySG and Content Analysis will accept the userid with case insensitivity.

Thanks in advance for your insights.

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Mick
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Questions about Reporter LDAP authentication

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 24, 2020 12:00 PM
    Hi All,

This ended up being a duplicate thread. Please check for updates and reply on this thread.

Thanks!