IT Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Can someone explain cloud imaging in 8.6 ru2?

Posted Jan 26, 2022 04:44 PM
    How will joining to a domain work? Do you need change anything answer file wise? This seems like a major milestone, upgrading ourselves on the 12th but love to know more.

• 2.  RE: Can someone explain cloud imaging in 8.6 ru2?

Posted Jan 27, 2022 02:36 AM
    Hi Cody,

I think from the traditional imaging there is no changes, only the way in how the image is delivered to the endpoint. If the image answer file contains the domain add then that would fail as the computer can't contact the DC, but I think the use case is more for azure AD, now I have not done this personally but there should be a way.

if VPN can be configured to connect then you might be able to add the device to the domain however the GPO will not fully apply as the startup can't contact the DC.

• 3.  RE: Can someone explain cloud imaging in 8.6 ru2?

Posted Jan 27, 2022 08:32 AM
    You use to be able to add cisco anyconnect to winpe many many moons ago but I cannot find any info about that now, anyone ever have success adding it to win pe? 

We could build a custom image that skips overs all of the domain stuff, agent will still connect with cloud connection to get all of the software we deploy then the tech could remote to the device, looking forward to testing it out

• 4.  RE: Can someone explain cloud imaging in 8.6 ru2?

Posted Jan 27, 2022 10:57 AM
    Edited by Darren Collins Jan 27, 2022 10:57 AM
    We don't cloud image, but have a custom image that Dell put on.  When the computer goes to a home, we have the computer set to auto-login after mini-setup, then we have a custom program run at logon, launch Cisco AnyConnect VPN for the user to put their details in.  Then once the program detects it's on the VPN network, we join the domain.

• 5.  RE: Can someone explain cloud imaging in 8.6 ru2?

Posted Feb 07, 2022 09:26 AM
    We use a process very similar to what Darren describes, only using Zscaler private access instead of AnyConnect VPN.

------------------------------
    Joe
    ------------------------------