IT Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  ITMS 8.6 AD Import bug?

Posted Apr 29, 2021 09:31 AM
    Heads up to anyone who recently upgraded to ITMS 8.6 or plans to.  About a month after upgrading we started have disk space issues on our SQL server and narrowed it down to one table that had been growing since the upgrade.  The Inv_Security_Groups table had grown to 110 million rows.  Further analysis showed that each time a user import rule ran which is based on specified groups, all the groups for all the users who were a member of one of the specified groups would be added to this table.  Then each time it runs, they are appended to the table with no apparent cleanup happening for the duplicates.  

I have a case opened with Broadcom and they have been able to duplicate the symptom.  I've been able to workaround the problem by periodically truncating this table.

------------------------------
    Joe

• 2.  RE: ITMS 8.6 AD Import bug?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 06, 2021 11:26 AM

Hi Joe.ps1!

There is a point fix released for this case https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article/214456 (Applicable for 8.5 RU4 & 8.6 releases)
    1st apply this stored procedure "sp_Inv_Security_Groups_clean" so next AD Import rule run will doesn't cause duplicate records in "Inv_Security_Groups" sql table.
    2nd apply this stored procedure "1620305407179__Inv_Security_Groups_deduplicate.sql" to remove unnecessary duplicate records from "Inv_Security_Groups" sql table.

Best regards,
    IP.

Software QA Engineer
    Broadcom Inc.

• 3.  RE: ITMS 8.6 AD Import bug?

Posted May 06, 2021 11:48 AM
    Yes, the engineer assigned to my case made me aware but the fix specifically says it's only for 8.5 RU4.  I'm awaiting clarification of whether the pointfix process can be used on 8.6.

Joe

• 4.  RE: ITMS 8.6 AD Import bug?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 12, 2021 05:27 AM
    Fix works for 8.5 RU4 & 8.6

Software QA Engineer
    Broadcom Inc.

• 5.  RE: ITMS 8.6 AD Import bug?

Posted May 12, 2021 08:13 AM
    I can confirm I applied the fix to our 8.6 environment last week and it has resolved the issue.  The duplicate entries no longer appear in the table.

Joe