IT Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  issue with 21h2 patching and SEE

Posted May 11, 2022 11:12 AM
    Been rolling out 21h2 using patching, we have running into an issue with pcs that are SEE encrypted that the 21h2 patch will run, the device is then rebooting and says applying updates. The device will reboot, we have sent a task to disable the preboot login before all of this and are using 11.3 so we have reg entry set to allow windows feature updates to apply even, but the pc reboots and they get a screen asking what kind of keyboard they are using(normal first run windows type of bluescreen question) and if they click English window loads and its still 1909. Look under the agent and it changes the 21h2 from installed to scheduled 

I know its not an issue with the laptop since I also have a task built in to altiris that will run the 21h2, follows the same steps: Disable see and then runs the 21h2 update, device restarts, update applies, but now the device comes up  running 21h2

Any ideas?

• 2.  RE: issue with 21h2 patching and SEE

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 11, 2022 12:01 PM
    Hi Cody,

have you tried workaround documented in https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article/173085/using-patch-management-solution-to-deplo.html?

Thanks,
    Dmitri.

• 3.  RE: issue with 21h2 patching and SEE

Posted Jun 01, 2022 09:45 AM
    Sorry for late reply, so turns out I was doing to many things at once. I created the task for 21h2 with the correct the command line then went to go do the patch one and uploaded everything I need but forgot to change the command. So that was my issue, thanks

• 4.  RE: issue with 21h2 patching and SEE

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 12, 2022 12:33 PM
    This article may help: How to upgrade computers encrypted with Symantec Endpoint Encryption to a Windows 10 release