Client Management Suite

View Only

Notifying user about Software install with customised message after compliance check and before install

• 1.  Notifying user about Software install with customised message after compliance check and before install

Posted Nov 19, 2021 12:31 PM

I've had this come up in a number of customer situations over the years and again just recently....

I want to inform the user via some form message about the software that is about to be installed and to give information on what they should/should not do etc. i.e. I want to display a customised  message for each software install policy as the software is about to install. I can enable the notify and postpone dialogues but these are fixed and cannot contain any custom messages. I can add a custom message in the dialogue for reboot (if enabled), but can only notify a user the install is completed if reboot is enabled.

But I can't find a way of displaying a message after the compliance check has determined software needs installing and before the software install executing. I've tried putting tasks in prior to the install, and after the install (for post install message). I've tried putting tasks in as dependent (prior to install) and update (post install) tasks which I'd have expected only to run if the main compliancy check determines the software needs installing, but these tasks run regardless of the  main compliancy status. and every time the policy is run (i.e. 'check compliance schedule')

I am sure this is nothing new and maybe I am missing something. Anyone got any thoughts anyone?