Client Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Pulling Last Logged In User Via REST

Posted Apr 06, 2020 01:58 PM

Hello,

I've been tasked with pulling the last logged in user for a given asset from Altiris to another system. Is there a way to do this via a REST call from the other system to Altiris?

So far, I haven't been able to find any API docs for Altiris.

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Pulling Last Logged In User Via REST

Posted Apr 07, 2020 08:16 AM
    Edited by J. Armstrong Apr 07, 2020 08:35 AM
    You would have to refer to the Altiris ASDK for that information (I am unaware of REST API to interface with, doesn't mean there isn't one), never tried to interface with it.

Altiris ADSK is usually installed in the following path on the SMP server: <InstallDrive>:\<InstallPath>\Altiris ADSK

There are examples and a compiled help file for information look up, the examples include C#, VBScript and CLI (run local to the SMP server itself, security first).

Your best bet is to have a SP developed on the MS SQL server and exported to the format you are looking for.

Hopefully that is a starting point for you to work with.

• 3.  RE: Pulling Last Logged In User Via REST

Posted Apr 08, 2020 10:13 AM
    Thanks, John. I appreciate the guidance!

• 4.  RE: Pulling Last Logged In User Via REST

Posted Aug 25, 2020 04:01 PM
    I recommend just exporting via import/export rules, but if you have a need to do it via the API, the 2 ways that come to mind are via ItemManagement and ReportManagement services.  ItemManagement would require exporting the entire resource XML string and parsing it, which can be pretty heavy.  With ReportManagement, you can set up parameterized report that accepts the search input and returns the desired results.  

I've attached a working example report and powershell script.  The new-asdkconnection function I've used many times with both passthrough and implicit credentials, with multiple services.  You should only need to update "YOURSERVERNAME.YOURDOMAIN.LOCAL'"to reflect your environment in the script, and import the example report. This report returns the Primary User given the computer name.  Scope permissions are not accounted for as it's just an example. 

------------------------------
    Ben Barker
    Systems Engineer
    ------------------------------