Client Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Task server Not register

Posted Mar 30, 2021 04:27 AM
    Edited by Muhammad Rofi Mar 30, 2021 04:34 AM
    hi expert

can anyone help me with the task server not register problem. what causes the task not to register, I have tried to find a way to solve the problem
    but it doesn't work,

I've tried this method, but it doesn't work (Clients are unable to register or connect to a new Task Server.)
    1. To verify if this condition exists do the following:
    2. On the SMP server open ".\Program Files\Altiris\Notification Server\bin\Tools\NSConfigurator.exe"
    3. Search for TaskServiceAdvancedSettingsAllowed. The enable the setting and save.
    4. In the SMP Console go to "Settings > Notification Server > Site Server Settings > Task Service > Settings".  Select the policy that targets the problem Tasks Server.
    5. The Advanced Settings page should be visible. Look near the bottom for the "Preferred host" box and verify the name of the server is the current SMP and not another one.  If it is incorrect make the necessary changes and save.
    6. On the Task Server open "Services Manager" and stop "Altiris Object Host Service"
    7. Open the Symantec Management Agent UI and manually update the configuration.
    8. Start the Altiris Object Host Service
    Best Regards

Muhamad ROFI

------------------------------
    engginer
    PT.Projectindo Teknowindata
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Task server Not register

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 31, 2021 02:36 AM
    Hi Muhamad, I see you have the logging page open in the agent UI.
    There should be some warnings or errors that should help you to understand what's wrong..
    Click "Reset Agent" on "Task Status" page, then refresh the logs and look for the errors or warnings from "Client Task Agent".
    There could be hundreds of various reasons, it's hard to tell what's wrong without the logs.

regards,
    sergei