Client Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Automation policy email with csv limitation to 360k rows

Posted Jul 20, 2021 07:28 AM
    I have a report that works and returns 498k rows within seconds... so that part is good.
    I setup an automation policy and automation task and the csv part is working. I get my csv.
    If I try and do the full report, it never comes over and I do not see an error in log viewer.

IF I change sql code to Select TOP 360000 it works and I receive 362k rows (1 blank at top then header row).

If I try and go any higher, it does not work. Is there a way around this? I have a new process I need to follow that is manual, and I was going to have powershell grab the attachment in my mailbox and then sftp it where it needs to go. I do not want to do this manually every friday so trying to get this working.
    any help appreciated.

• 2.  RE: Automation policy email with csv limitation to 360k rows

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 20, 2021 08:24 AM

Hi Riggzie!

Did you try to use other parameters described in link below (try to zip data?)

https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=219364

Thanks,
    IP.

------------------------------
    Software QA Engineer
    Broadcom Inc.

• 3.  RE: Automation policy email with csv limitation to 360k rows

Posted Jul 22, 2021 06:36 PM
    This was the solution that came about and worked... but i like lower...

• 4.  RE: Automation policy email with csv limitation to 360k rows

Posted Jul 20, 2021 08:51 AM

If the end result is powershell, you might as well skip the automation policy and email and go straight to powershell, using the API.

Tested with powershell 5 / Altiris 8.5 . You should just have to change the report guid and altiris server FQDN.

$AltirisServer = 'youraltirisserver.yourdomain.com'

$ReportGuid = '5d287f0d-1b3d-4044-8134-ea8cb775efaa'

$AltirisReportManagementURL = 'https://' + $AltirisServer + '/Altiris/ASDK.NS/ReportManagementService.asmx'

try {

$AltirisReportManagement = New-WebServiceProxy -uri "$AltirisReportManagementURL" -class AltirisItem -namespace WebServiceProxy -usedefaultcredential

} catch {

$_

}

$ReportData = $AltirisReportManagement.RunReport("$ReportGuid")

$TemporaryFile = New-TemporaryFile

$ReportData.table | export-csv -Path $TemporaryFile -NoTypeInformation -Force

Description: Description: Description: <a href=image002.png@01CF6F9B.4453A460">

Ben Barker

Systems Engineer | Baptist Health System | 3451 Beach Blvd. Jacksonville, Florida 32207

904.202.0686 (w) | 904.477.2705 (c)

Benjamin.barker@bmcjax.com

• 5.  RE: Automation policy email with csv limitation to 360k rows

Posted Jul 22, 2021 06:37 PM
    Wow.. i like this a lot. will have to look into it!!! thanks!!!!

doing the email is a challenge as then my machine needs office, etc.. and we block outlook (we are in an environment that does not allow outlook on these machines)...

so this is something that will be great...

• 6.  RE: Automation policy email with csv limitation to 360k rows

Posted Jul 22, 2021 09:24 AM
    Hi,

We use SSRS to save the report as excel to local file system or share, then use automation report to zip the file and send as attachment, there are some examples in the link Igor shared:

<!-- SMP:ZF;Myreport.zip;;c:\reports\Symantec\SMP\report*.xls -->
    Cheers,

ProServe Consulting