Client Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Compliance by bulletin

Posted Aug 08, 2019 03:37 PM

hello folks I am trying to create a report that brings the information from the following report "Windows Compliance by Bulletin w / Superseded" or "Windows Compliance by Update w / Superseded" and put information related to how many computers are pending restart. I couldn't reach the query yet. can you help me ?

• 2.  RE: Compliance by bulletin

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Aug 16, 2019 09:03 AM

The Windows Compliance by Computer report shows which machines are pending restart.  I'm not sure it would make sense to have pending restart on a report by update ?

• 3.  RE: Compliance by bulletin

Posted Aug 16, 2019 10:23 AM

i want to know how many machines are pending restart after i send the update.

• 4.  RE: Compliance by bulletin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 16, 2019 10:50 PM

For ITMS 8.0 you will need to join a Evt_Reboot SQL table to get current reboot state of managed/patched client computer

There are details about reboot state for 8.0/8.1.x and 8.5 ITMS versions

• 5.  RE: Compliance by bulletin

Posted Aug 22, 2019 08:58 AM

I've checked the table Evc_Reboot Table, but seems that this table is all clean,there is something wrong in it.by the way im using version 8.0 of console.

• 6.  RE: Compliance by bulletin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 23, 2019 07:55 AM

If " Evt_Reboot" sql table has no records, means that non of managed computers are requiring reboot now after patch updates installations (you can double check whether default patch report "Restart Status" shows any records about pending reboot)

Looks like 8.0 HF6 also has ' Inv_Software_Update_Distribution_Status' sql table so please check it on your environment instead of 'Evt_Reboot' sql table.

Corrected/Updated information also in separate discussion (https://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/evtreboot-table-not-populating) to mention that 'Evt_Reboot' sql table contains data only from 7.x managed client computers and other 8.0, 8.1,8.5 will send reboot state events only in Inv_Software_Update_Distribution_Status' sql table

Thanks,

IP.