Client Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Software Portal using HTTPS

Posted May 08, 2020 12:38 PM
    Does anyone know how to make the software portal use HTTPS?

My NS and SS are both set to use HTTPS but it was brought to my attention that the software portal is using HTTP. I have gone through the software portal settings on the NS but I can't find a way to turn on HTTPS. 

As a test I went into IIS and set the software portal to require SSL but then the software portal link fails to open, because it is still trying to direct to the HTTP site. Manually changing the HTTP to HTTPS worked but I can't tell all my customers to manually type the "S" whenever they want to access the software portal.

Any help would be great.

------------------------------
    Lindauer

• 2.  RE: Software Portal using HTTPS

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 13, 2020 10:22 AM
    Hello!
    Will take a look today - please stay tuned...
    Regards
    Artur

• 3.  RE: Software Portal using HTTPS

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 14, 2020 02:27 AM
    There are only 2 ways to satisfy the mentioned configuration requirements:
    1) In the IIS manager : Remove http binding completely from IIS site where the Altiris Web APP resides
    AND
    Restart IIS   (probably recycling Symantec Agent AppPool  would be enough, have not tested  this option) 

2) In the IIS manager: Enforce "Require SSL"  in the SSL Settings for the Altiris  web application 
    AND 
    Restart IIS   (probably recycling Symantec Agent AppPool  would be enough, have not tested this option) 

After either 1 or 2 client machine YET needs to refresh policies, naturally that might take up to 1 hour or whatever the policy refresh interval setting  is.
    If neither of 2 are satisfactory there is no other way to accomplish your needs until ITMS 8.5 RU3 including.

Hope this helps

• 4.  RE: Software Portal using HTTPS

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2020 01:19 PM

In 8.5 RU4 release, you can set to use Software Portal via HTTPs or HTTP

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/symantec-security-software/endpoint-security-and-management/it-management-suite/8-5/Related_Solutions_5/Software_Management_Solution_12/Delivering_Software_from_User_Requests_Using_the_Software_Portal_8/implementing-the-software-portal-v15529413-d849e3391.html#_v15529413

Software QA Engineer 3
    Broadcom Inc.