Client Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Client Management Suite Update

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 16, 2020 03:59 PM

We have gotten a few questions in re: Client Mgmt. Suite and just wanted to share this with you in case you may have questions as well.

Client Management Suite and the other products in the Endpoint Management portfolio are alive and well positioned for success as part of Broadcom.  In fact, the Endpoint Management products are exactly the type of established and sustainable business that Broadcom cultivates.

We are currently working on some infrastructure and tools migration projects that are required as part of the Broadcom acquisition, but are simultaneously making progress on the next release of Client Management Suite.  It's a little too early to provide any projections on when we expect the next release to ship, but we understand that there is a pressing need to support new versions of operating systems already supported by the product.  In addition, we also have a long list of product enhancements that would provide added value to our customers.

Of course we cannot share a specific roadmap, but felt it important that customers know the focus Endpoint Management products are receiving.

Thanks so much,

Amy J

• 2.  RE: Client Management Suite Update

Posted Jan 24, 2020 10:55 AM

Hello Amy, 

Thanks for breaking the silence, I have been following up and seen the comments that Client Management suite is not in focus after the Broadcom acquisition. Good to know that Client Management Suite is still Alive, we appreciate if you can shed some light on enhancements that are planned. 

Thanks & Regards,

Venu 

• 3.  RE: Client Management Suite Update

Posted May 28, 2020 07:30 PM
    I just opened up my first support case for a (minor) s/w delivery issue so we'll see how this goes.  I also hear about CMS license renewal issues for others and changes to the model which are worrisome.  My security guys have already decided not to renew SEP maintenance and doesn't help that absolutely no one from Broadcom has reached out to them after the acquisition.  Jumping ship from SEP is pretty much a done deal for us so hoping we can at least stick with Altiris if Broadcom Support can get their act together and corporate doesn't mess up license renewals.  I hear a switch to a subscription model which my management would NOT like with us being in government.

------------------------------
    City & County of Honolulu: DIT
    ------------------------------