Patch Management Solution

View Only
  • 1.  Reset Software Update Plug-in Policy

Posted May 10, 2019 10:59 AM

Good evening,

I have encountered an issue on a server which is running on Windows 2008 R2 OS with Altiris Management Agent 8.1. The issue i have is the fact that it failed to install a bunch of updates and it have reached the maximum default number of "reinstallation attempts after task failure" of 3. 

I've searched high and low and tried to locate the Altiris registry key on the server which contains this fact and try to delete, but with no luck.

Could you kindly let me know where is this key located so i can manually purge it and have the server retry the failed updates? 

Thank you for your time.

• 2.  RE: Reset Software Update Plug-in Policy

Posted May 11, 2019 04:11 PM
    “NS Configurator” might contain the setting. Configuring Notification Server settings with NS Configurator https://help.symantec.com/cs/ITMS8.0/SMPLAT/v43308769_v113932717/Configuring-Notification-Server-settings-with-NS-Configurator?locale=EN_US

• 3.  RE: Reset Software Update Plug-in Policy

Posted May 12, 2019 11:36 AM

It may be contained in an XML file in the agent directory or subdirectories somewhere.

• 4.  RE: Reset Software Update Plug-in Policy

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 14, 2019 03:06 AM

Check this location in registry

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Altiris\Altiris Agent\Patch Management\Software Update Agent Configuration\Policies\{0D1CB0D4-B256-44DA-A74D-D7FB68364D29}]

• 5.  RE: Reset Software Update Plug-in Policy
    Best Answer

Posted May 14, 2019 09:31 AM
      |   view attached

Hello everybody,

Thanks very much for the help. I've deleted the regkey shown by Igor, the Application then turned to red and Critical, but it recovered and the failed updates dissapeared from the Software Updates tab. Unfortunately, even after +24hours since then (deleted from Altiris as well, re-added it and ran Delta Update and a Full membership update) it still did not manage to see any update for installation (the AeXMonitoring.exe app was not working and generated a lot of errors in the Log tab). 

Today I've proceeded with a full client reinstall and updates started to download back again onto the server and the Start Software Update Cycle button is clickable again. Unfortunately i can't start installing the updates just now, as it's a live server and need to schedule a downtime, but main issue is resolve so far.

Have a good day!