Patch Management Solution

View Only
  • 1.  Please help - Deploying Windows 10 Feature update (20H2) issues with Patch Management Solutions - Logs attached

Posted Mar 03, 2021 01:11 PM
    Edited by JeanWilson Mar 22, 2021 04:49 PM
    Hi All, I need help on this one.  I followed this kb https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article/184951/deploying-windows-10-feature-updates-wit.html and have been trying to deploy it to our environment.  However majority of our endpoints are failing to upgrade to windows 10 20H2.  attached are Altiris logs I extracted from an endpoint (win10 v1903) (in software delivery folder. I tested this feature update via PM successfully in a test box running Win10 v1803 no problem, and a handful of endpoints was upgraded successfully coming from v1803, v1903, v1909.

Need your feedback on what could be causing these failures.  thanks

------------------------------
    FilasanDizz

Attachment(s)

log
    STDeploy.log   20 KB 1 version
    log
    cl5.log   1 KB 1 version
    log
    PatchPackager.log   6 KB 1 version
    log
    STDeployerCore.log   15 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Please help - Deploying Windows 10 Feature update (20H2) issues with Patch Management Solutions - Logs attached
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 03, 2021 01:22 PM
    Looks that you might have a problem with mounting the ISO file during installation process - may you double check that ISOs were successfully downloaded from SMP server to the problematic agents?

• 3.  RE: Please help - Deploying Windows 10 Feature update (20H2) issues with Patch Management Solutions - Logs attached

Posted Mar 04, 2021 10:30 PM
    Thank you Dmitri, I will check that. what could cause a failed iso mounting?

FilasanDizz

• 4.  RE: Please help - Deploying Windows 10 Feature update (20H2) issues with Patch Management Solutions - Logs attached

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 05, 2021 10:33 AM
    I would name two possible problems:
    - required ISO was not downloaded to Software Delivery cache folder on endpoint  (due to problems with network, etc.)
    - incorrect edition of Windows 10 was detected as applicable (you may want to check whether edition of downloaded ISO matches the actual OS edition of problematic endpoint)

• 5.  RE: Please help - Deploying Windows 10 Feature update (20H2) issues with Patch Management Solutions - Logs attached

Posted Mar 27, 2021 02:33 PM
    Turns out Windows is just unreliable when mounting ISO's, sometimes it would take up to 5 tries to until it is able to mount and this is tested manually just by double clicking on the iso itself in Windows.  I configured the software update plug-in policy to retry 8 times, and had better result. Each retry is counted per cyle.

FilasanDizz