CloudSOC CASB Gateway

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

CloudSOC Audit i SEP (SpanVA) do not work - you need to update flex

• 1.  CloudSOC Audit i SEP (SpanVA) do not work - you need to update flex

Posted Feb 06, 2021 01:48 AM
    Hello,

We lost over a month trying to figure out why we could not get SEPM logs to be processed. We have everything set as in TechNote for SEPM, SpanVA working OK and sending logs to CloudSOC, but we always end up with error "Input file does not contain log messages required by Audit". At the end we found that flex definition for SEPM is for old version of SEPM and to be able to work you will need to create new Data Source with custom (Elastica Flex) config. Here is the one that works for us (SEP 14.2):
    {"datetime_format":"yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss","dst_rex":",Remote Host IP: ((?:[0-9][0-9]*[0-9]*.[0-9][0-9]*[0-9]*.[0-9][0-9]*[0-9]*.)[0-9][0-9]*[0-9]*)","action_rex":"Action: (.*?)$","user_rex":",User Name: (.*?),","bytes_val":"1","url_rex":"Remote.*?Remote Host Name:(.*?),Remote.*?,Remote.*?,","logformat":"rex","src_rex":",Local Host IP: ((?:[0-9][0-9]*[0-9]*.[0-9][0-9]*[0-9]*.[0-9][0-9]*[0-9]*.)[0-9][0-9]*[0-9]*)","trim_tokens":"true","datetime_rex":",End Time: (.*?),","action_blockedmatch":"Blocked"}
    Problem with the original one is that RegEx could not "catch" Remote:, Local:... etc. since in the syslog from SEPM server those are not "Remote:" and "Local:" but "Remote Host IP:" and "Local Host IP:"

For me, it is strange that Broadcom/Symantec did not updated support/connector/data source for their own product, SEPM and even more that no one else have a problem with connecting SEPM over SpanVA with CloudSOC?

Vladimir Vucinic

------------------------------
    Net++ technology d.o.o.

• 2.  RE: CloudSOC Audit i SEP (SpanVA) do not work - you need to update flex

Posted Feb 08, 2021 10:08 AM
    Edited by Vladimir Vucinic Feb 08, 2021 10:08 AM
    Update:

There are differences in syslog output with SEPM 14.2 RU1 i RU2 versions, In SEP 14.2 RU1 you need to keep old definition for datetime_rex with "End:", but in RU2 you need to use above config string with "End Time:". In case you are on RU1 version, use this one:
    {"datetime_format":"yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss","dst_rex":",Remote Host IP: ((?:[0-9][0-9]*[0-9]*.[0-9][0-9]*[0-9]*.[0-9][0-9]*[0-9]*.)[0-9][0-9]*[0-9]*)","action_rex":"Action: (.*?)$","user_rex":",User Name: (.*?),","bytes_val":"1","url_rex":"Remote.*?Remote Host Name:(.*?),Remote.*?,Remote.*?,","logformat":"rex","src_rex":",Local Host IP: ((?:[0-9][0-9]*[0-9]*.[0-9][0-9]*[0-9]*.[0-9][0-9]*[0-9]*.)[0-9][0-9]*[0-9]*)","trim_tokens":"true","datetime_rex":",End: (.*?),","action_blockedmatch":"Blocked"}
    Vladimir Vucinic

Net++ technology d.o.o.