Symantec Management Platform (Notification Server)

View Only
  • 1.  Report and Email on a particular Job\Task error or failed

Posted Nov 01, 2019 01:00 PM

I see there is a report for "All Jobs/Tasks - Failed".  I have managed to tie this report into an Automation Policy to run every hour and send an emailed report only on non empty data. However, what I need and am trying to do is the same but for only 1 specfic Job/Task Failed and NOT all.  I am not sure how to do this if anyone can help!

So to break this down what I am looking for .

• Task ABC runs at its scheduled every hour.
    • If Task ABC is not success then send an email to ABC group reporting this specif task failed and its assiciated information (task/job name,date/time failed,error information etc..) and continue to run on schedule.
    • If TASK ABC is success do nothing no email just continue to run on schedule.

• 2.  RE: Report and Email on a particular Job\Task error or failed

Posted Nov 02, 2019 04:27 AM
    You could create a Job with a condition that runs your task and if it fails send an email, then run that Job on a schedule instead. Another option is to clone the Report and add a WHERE clause that looks at that specific task, instead of all.

• 3.  RE: Report and Email on a particular Job\Task error or failed

Posted Nov 05, 2019 10:13 AM

Thank Alex - you hit on one of my thoughts but not sure who to do it.  Kinda new to the Altiris world and SQL Query. I pasted the original Query could you show me how I would filter on say a job\task called " DNS Suffix Job" from within the below report. And thank you so much for your time and assistance with this.  I have been dabbeling with editing the query for instance I manged to change for days to hours but who to filter a specifc task is still eluding me.

All Jobs/Tasks - Failed (Built in Report)

Parameterized Query

declare @minDate datetime

Set @minDate = dateadd( dd, ( 0 - %Last N Days% ), GETDATE() )

Exec tmSelectJobAndTaskFailuresLastNDays N'%TrusteeScope%', '%_culture%', @minDate

Resolved Query

declare @minDate datetime

set @minDate = dateadd( dd, ( 0 - 30 ), GETDATE() )

exec tmSelectJobAndTaskFailuresLastNDays N'{2E1F478A-4986-4223-9D1E-B5920A63AB41},{582029E2-FC5B-4717-8808-B80D6EF0FD67},{B760E9A9-E4DB-404C-A93F-AEA51754AA4F},{D9B44FDD-9634-43A0-93E7-CDFCAD45E58D}', 'en-US', @minDate