Symantec Management Platform (Notification Server)

View Only
  • 1.  Delete Old SMP Server

Posted Sep 18, 2020 02:05 PM
    I recently upgrade from 7.6 to 8.1 and to make the move faster and easier i took a copy of my 7.6 DB and used it for the new 8.1 SMP install.

The issue i need help with is that the old 7.6 server is showing in the computers list but i have no option to delete it.

I am hoping someone has a query to force this system out from the new server.

------------------------------
    PAREXEL Informatics

• 2.  RE: Delete Old SMP Server

Posted Sep 20, 2020 12:52 PM
    Hello,

There is a "HowTo" document to solve such issue that consists in run a query in database in order to recreate a Function or procedure, I don't remember well, but I had to apply it.

Please search in Google because I found it, I'm waiting from my phone so is not easy for me to find it now, but I'm sure that you will find it quickly. The HowTo explains hot to solve the problem of "no delete (and other option)  option" on right click button.

Hope it helps.

• 3.  RE: Delete Old SMP Server

Posted Sep 20, 2020 01:00 PM

El dom., 20 sept. 2020 18:51, PABLO LLORENTE <pablo.llorente@lafargeholcim.com> escribió:
    Hello,

There is a "HowTo" document to solve such issue that consists in run a query in database in order to recreate a Function or procedure, I don't remember well, but I had to apply it.

Please search in Google because I found it, I'm waiting from my phone so is not easy for me to find it now, but I'm sure that you will find it quickly. The HowTo explains hot to solve the problem of "no delete (and other option)  option" on right click button.

Hope it helps.

• 4.  RE: Delete Old SMP Server

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 24, 2020 03:24 AM
    Edited by Igor Perevozchikov Sep 24, 2020 03:25 AM
    Hi mwysocki!

Computers which have a 'Altiris Server' role in their basic inventory data class "Inv_AeX_AC_Roles" detected as Notification Server and for such resource 'delete' action in right click menu is not available to avoid existing NS machines deletion.

If mouse right click on this computer from SMP Console and check "Properties", you will see there 'Attribute' value which is 'NoDelete' for Notification Server role computers
    Workaround to delete required computer resource which by default has 'NoDelete' attribute in database:
    1. Open SQL management studio for SQL Server Instance where "Symantec_CMDB" database is running
    2. From SMP Console, find required computer -> mouse right click on it -> properties -> copy its "Guid" value
    3. Go back to already opened SQL management studio and execute this SQL query:

SELECT * FROM RM_ResourceComputer WHERE Guid='Put here your computer GUID' --Check that this is really required for deletion computer resource

4. Now need to execute this SQL query to change current 'NoDelete' attribute to 'Normal' to allow deletion of this computer from SMP Console via right click menu:

UPDATE RM_ResourceComputer
        SET Attributes = 0 WHERE Guid='Put here your computer GUID'

5. Go back to SMP Console, find required computer for deletion -> mouse right click on it and 'Delete'.

Thanks,
    IP.

Software QA Engineer
    Broadcom Inc.

• 5.  RE: Delete Old SMP Server

Posted Sep 24, 2020 01:08 PM
    I tried the queries and they did not return any results for the listed tables.

also the RM_ResourceComputer  does not have the attributes column.

I did find an attributes column in vComputerResourceEx

PAREXEL Informatics

• 6.  RE: Delete Old SMP Server

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 24, 2020 09:50 PM
    Seems like you have a virtual machine (I used queries above since my NS is on physical server) in such case, try to check 'RM_ResourceVirtual_Machine' sql table

SELECT * FROM RM_ResourceVirtual_Machine WHERE Guid='Put here your computer GUID

UPDATE RM_ResourceVirtual_Machine
        SET Attributes = 0 WHERE Guid='Put here your computer GUID'

Software QA Engineer
    Broadcom Inc.