Symantec Management Platform (Notification Server)

View Only
  • 1.  Job status returning "Replicated"

Posted Jan 25, 2019 07:12 AM

Hi All

We are running a script out ot a number of clients and are seeing it return the completion status of "Replicated" on a small percentage.  If we re-run the job these are removed from the list of computers that the new schedule is applied to.

The script we are running is not being processed correctly on these computers can anyone tell me what the replicated status reffers to.  When I try google all I get is results around Notification Server replication.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 2.  RE: Job status returning "Replicated"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 25, 2019 07:54 AM

HI MW67!

Scheduled task or Job, shows 'Replicated' status, in case if you have "Hierarchy" and you ran Job/Task assigned to clients, which are managed by Child Notification Servers. "Replicated" means that this Task/Job is also replicated and it will be executed on clients which are managed by Child Notification Server.

You can mouse double click on task status instance per client with 'Replicated' status and check what exact task/job execution status is on Child NS for this client PC.

Check on that Notification Server, whether you have hierarchy. Open Symantec Management Console -> Settings -> Notification Server -> Hierarchy -> open "Hierarchy Management" page.

Regards,

IP.

• 3.  RE: Job status returning "Replicated"

Posted Jan 25, 2019 08:44 AM

Hi 

Thanks for the response.  This is a standalone NS no hierarchy when I click in the indvidual instance of the job I get the following

Strange end time? There is no status for each task

• 4.  RE: Job status returning "Replicated"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 25, 2019 10:13 AM

Are managed client computers really managed by your NS and aren't replicated from where by stand-alone replication rule, as example.

About date/time, please check what timezone, date, time has NS, SQL Server, Remote TS and client PC.