Symantec Management Platform (Notification Server)

View Only
  • 1.  Monitoring Policies for Windows 10

Posted Sep 24, 2019 04:29 AM

Hi,

We are about to start a trial of Altiis and are looking at Patch/Monitoring/Asset Tracking of Windows 10 machines.

Once of the key areas is Windows 10 monitoring and ping response/processes running/free space on fixed drives etc and I was wondering whether 8.5 comes with any pre built policies for Windows 10 already or whether they would have to be created manually?

I can see on Connect that a policy was created for Windows XP/Vista, is there a similar one for Windows 10 or it is this one that I just need to adapt?

Thanks in advance :)

Al

• 2.  RE: Monitoring Policies for Windows 10

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 24, 2019 06:20 AM

Regarding "Monitor Solution" using an agentless monitoring via agentless monitor policies you can check this article below:

Based on those custom agentless monitor policies from article above, you can create similar metric/metric rules for agentless monitoring via WMI protocol or change existing and remove unnecessary metric rules from custom agentless monitor policy. Pay attention that you will need WMI Protocol port opened in firewall to allow "Remote Monitoring Server" plug-in (which is by default installed on SMP server if you installing Monitor Solution product) establish wmi connection to destination monitoring Windows OS.

Note: Agent-based monitoring of Workstations isn't officially supported.