Gateway Email Encryption

View Only

Task Scheduler + Robocopy = Access Denied, PGP seems to be the culprit

• 1.  Task Scheduler + Robocopy = Access Denied, PGP seems to be the culprit

Posted Feb 04, 2019 11:50 AM

We are currently experiencing an issue that stopped working after a PGP upgrade + System reboot, which has worked for several years beforehand.

If we set task scheduler to run a robocopy script from system to another that has a PGP encrypted folder, we get "ERROR 5 (0x00000005) Access is denied"

However if we manually run the robocopy script instead of letting task scheduler run it, the file will move over to the intended destination with PGP encryption on it.

The account that task scheduler is using is the same account I use when I run it manually.  If I turn off PGP services and let task scheduler run the robocopy script, the file will move over just fine though it will not have any PGP encryption.

I tried downgrading to the PGP version that worked before and it still will not function.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Things we've tried: Taking ownership of the PGP encrypted folder, providing domain access to the folder / account in question, verified there are no deny permissions.  I don't think it's a permission issue as it will only do this if PGP is turned on and the robocopy script is not ran manually.