Web Application Firewall & Reverse Proxy

View Only
  • 1.  BCIS for Reverse Proxy

Posted Mar 06, 2018 05:36 AM

Hi All,

If my customer would like to deploy the reverse proxy for web server, how should i estimate the user number for BCIS? 

As you know, the public website is a bit hard to estimate the user number. (Or only serve the login user? then easy to estimate?) 

• 2.  RE: BCIS for Reverse Proxy

Posted Mar 07, 2018 05:06 AM

Hi,

Question: Why do you need BCIS for a reverse proxy ? BCIS for a FWD Proxy would be to categorize and allow the site but for RP ?. Or are you looking for a different feature within the IS (Intelligence Service) umbrella ?

• 3.  RE: BCIS for Reverse Proxy

Posted Jun 22, 2018 06:00 AM

Hi Aravind,

If the reverse proxy need to control the geo location for accessing the web server(login web system), is it still using BCIS or not need BCIS?(or cannot work like this?)

Do you mean reverse proxy do not need any add-on license?

• 4.  RE: BCIS for Reverse Proxy

Posted Jun 22, 2018 06:50 AM

Hi,

From reverse proxy devices, there is a pack call Web Protection which includes WAF and Geo IP. This should be helpful for your setup. Purchasing the entire BCIS might be a waste. Since these feature grouping and availability changed, I am not able to find you the correct code for this. These are delivered via "Intelligence Service bundle". Requesting you to check this with our sale personal or partner to find the exact pack for your RP setup.