Web Application Firewall & Reverse Proxy

View Only
  • 1.  ProxySG LDAP Not Prompting for Authentication in IE

Posted Jun 26, 2017 02:06 PM

Hello,

We are not receiving a prompt for authentication in Internet Explorer 11 when using the LDAP domain of our test proxy. Using the same proxy in other browsers (Firefox and Chrome) properly presents the authentication prompt. Our production proxies display the prompt on all browsers including IE. The configuration is the same on the test proxy as it is on the production proxy. The SGOS version numbers are also the same. Is there something in the configuration that can be changed that will affect how IE promts for user authentication? 

• 2.  RE: ProxySG LDAP Not Prompting for Authentication in IE

Posted Jun 27, 2017 01:12 AM

To show the prompt or silently share the login information to the requester solely depends on the browser. I will recommend a packet capture taken on the proxy to see whether IE is sharing the credentials silently or not. There was some so called "modifications" on IE11 which made it to cache stuffs longer than it is not supposes to (eg: PAC file). This could be one such issue. A discussion on this is found here. Not sure whether it helps.

• 3.  RE: ProxySG LDAP Not Prompting for Authentication in IE

Posted Jun 29, 2017 10:57 PM

Hi Mac,

The decision of showing a pop-up to customer is solely with the browser. With the introduction of IE 11, Microsoft introduced some so called "enhancements" which are bit painful in reality. Caching of PAC file being an example. I am assuming similar issue is happening for you. I could find a discussion online HERE . Please check whether this is helpful.