Advanced Threat Protection

View Only
  • 1.  logs not being generated using standard settings

Posted Oct 16, 2020 05:34 PM
    Hi all,

I have an issue with logs not being generated in v8.2 . In the manage audit / log sink the file settings are given standard and it is number of file and size related setting. It is not working when this is set . If i change them to time basis log generation , logs are being generated. I have tried to clear all the logs and restart gateway but it does not work. 
    The time basis log generation is not debugging friendly as it does not generate logs on the go. I have checked production settings which are similar to the non production env but still the issue exists. I see audit gateway events in policy manager it is audit sink error code 500 and the gateway audit logs are also not being generated but could not find any resolution on this. Please guide me on this issue

Regards
    Fabiha

• 2.  RE: logs not being generated using standard settings

Posted Oct 02, 2021 04:08 PM
    Edited by Taylor Iuliucci Oct 03, 2021 06:08 AM
    I've checked all the related settings and everything looks ok. All settings are at the installation default which should result in logs being created, and logging is enabled for the receive connectors in question, however none of the SMTP traffic coming through the connectors is getting logged. As in, the C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\TransportRoles\Logs\Hub\ProtocolLog directory is NOX Vidmate completely empty. We have 4 physical 2016 servers and this seems to be the case on all of them.