Desktop Email Encryption

View Only

Empty "Secure Viewer" appears when attempting to decrypt pgp encrypted file

• 1.  Empty "Secure Viewer" appears when attempting to decrypt pgp encrypted file

Posted Dec 17, 2019 02:20 PM

I know this is in the wrong place, but a product search for "Encryption Desktop" returned no results, and the menus when posting a new thread aren't terribly helpful.

Anyway, I'm troubleshooting an issue for a customer. He is not able to decrypt files encrypted via BouncyCastle. These are unsigned and contain the MDC packet.

I downloaded a trial and am able to reproduce the issue. When I open a BouncyCastle (v1.8.1) encrypted file in SED (key pair generated locally via SED), I am presented with an empty "Secure Viewer" window. However, if I uses gpg to encrypt like so:

gpg -e -r my-registered-email@domain.com .\some_file.csv

It is decrypted by SED no problem. Using kleopatra I can decrupt either file without issue.

I'm wondering if anyone knows the details re what causes this "Secure Viewer" to take over and pop up. I'm less concerned that it's empty (though I don't know why it would be) as I'd prefer SED to just nicely decrypt the file and allow my customer to view it in excel/notepad/whatever.