Desktop Email Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  Encryption Process was interrupted improperly, possibly by BSOD or power failure

Posted Nov 11, 2019 05:54 AM

Good day to everyone!!!

I'm using Symantec Encryption Desktop 10.3.2 MP9 on Windows 10 to encrypt my whole disk with admin passphase, everything working fine until I upgrade my Operation System to new version, during the upgrading it has failure with power and then it's unable to startup Windows again. I plugged the hard disk to another computer and I can show the content of 1/3 partitions (please see attached screenshot). I tried to show the status of this disk using pgpwde command line and got message: "Encryption Process was interrupted improperly, possibly by BSOD or power failure" :(. Now I need to get data from rest of 2 partitions, is there any way to get it back? If anyone got the same issue with me and any luck so far?

Thank you so much in advance! 

• 2.  RE: Encryption Process was interrupted improperly, possibly by BSOD or power failure

Posted Nov 12, 2019 02:27 AM

OK, that looks like the power interruption has broken the HDD.

If you have your information off it (which I hope you managed to get a copy off), I suspect your only other option is to format, reinstall the OS and data, and then encrypt again.

• 3.  RE: Encryption Process was interrupted improperly, possibly by BSOD or power failure
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 14, 2019 03:30 AM

Thanks CraigEV for your advice. Lucky I used Symantec Recovery Disk and decrypt my harddisk then I can see my data on rest of partitions. Thanks God and You! :)